Chapter 3

Wake Up, NF

Quote;

Sometimes happiness is around you,
But it's really hard to see.

Chapter 3.

      "So that's what you're gonna do, keep ignoring me when I'm trying to fix things between us, right?" Sebastian asks, irritation clear in his tone

     I ignore him, but that doesn't sit well with him. He slams my locker shut just as I reach for my textbook, nearly missing my fingers.

     As he reaches for my hand I place it behind my back and Sebastian sighs heavily, "Look, I'm sorry about what has happened between us. What I said to you in the cafeteria, that was messed up. Okay? Is that what you wanna hear. I'm sorry."

     He definitely should be. Folding my arms across my chest, I stare at him blankly.

     "You know I love you, Noelle. Always have."

     "Then why are you with her right now, and why did you cheat on me in the first place?" I retort.

     My eyes narrow slightly at him as I await an answer, knowing very well I'm not going to get a proper reply. Sometimes I wonder how much our relationship meant to him. From the looks of it, it clearly didn't mean much. Tucking one hand into his pocket he runs his other hand through his hair.

     "Look, it's-"

     "Complicated?" I finish for him. "Don't give me that Sebastian, just put it bluntly. You don't know what you want, but that person definitely isn't me."

     I reopen my locker to fish out my books, only for him to shut it once again. Irritated, I shove Sebastian away, apparently not fast enough. "Leave me alone!" I yell at him, struggling to free myself from his iron grip, he takes the opportunity to grab both my wrists, pulling me towards him. I tense up because of our now increasing proximity. I dart my eyes around in hopes of an escape route, doing my best to avoid his gaze.

      Sebastian's eyes follow mine in anticipation. "I'm going to fix this for us." He says confidently, no doubt believing in his ability to make amends, oh wait, he doesn't have one.

     I roll my eyes and he plants a gentle kiss on my cheek, I frown pulling away from him in disgust. My eyes follow him as he walks away and I curse underneath my breath, there's no way I'm going to get back with him. No matter how hard it is not to want him, I need to stay strong.. For myself.

     Quickly opening my locker I grab my textbook that I had forgotten to get before. Shuffling the things in my arms in a vain attempt to balance them, I scamper down the hallways. I swear to God if I'm late because of that no good prick, I'll crucify him.

     As soon as the bell rings I go charging down the hallways, there is no way I am getting a late slip. Bolting up the stairs, I almost trip over my own foot because of one of the loose slabs in the flooring. However I catch myself before I become the laughing stock of the school.

     The clumsiest person alive award goes to.... Noelle Roberts!

     Finally reaching the classroom I burst in causing Miss. Loupe to glare directly at me, "Where's your late slip Miss. Roberts?"

     "I never got one, I thought that I'd actually arrive on time." I explain, and she doesn't seem even the slightest bit impressed with my answer.

     As if I'd expect her to be.

     Miss. Loupe stares at me for a long time and she lets out a loud and dramatic sigh, "Take your seat, I honestly don't have time for this."