Chapter 41

Alright, this is a long one...so was the other chapter infact, and i apologize!!! So I present to you, the beginning of the end....I must say personally the last few paragraphs took my breath away...That only means you have to read till the end of the chapter to know what i mean! =P

Please don't forget to vote, comment, and favorite!!! =)

Well then here goes...

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 41

                My mind was becoming clouded with thoughts, thoughts of fear, anger, determination and panic. This is not how it was suppose to end. Not like this, not with Lucifer winning, and with Jesse dying. I mean, I wasn’t entirely sure exactly how it was suppose to conclude. But I knew for sure, I wasn’t going to lose. I owed myself and Jesse that.

                Slowly I stood up, trying to see past the flames. Jesse was fine, behind this barrier of fire; I could see him standing, his eyes frighteningly gazing at the blaze. My mind begged to call out for him, to tell him where I was, to let him know we were going to be okay. But I couldn’t...Lucifer was still here. I didn’t know where, but I could feel him. His presence filled the room with a musky smell. The devil was watching, so I had to play my turns right.

                “Lucifer...” I called out, “Is this all you can do?”

                I heard a small scoff.

                Unsure where it was coming from, I gazed at the ceiling, staring at the tattered roof that once held the chandelier. “What a shame...That was a beautiful chandelier.”

                “It was...” He muttered.

                “Tell me, father, how many lives did that cost you?”

                Silence.

                “Oh now, come on...it was a genuine question. Seriously, how many souls did you snatch to earn this room? I mean look at it...it’s not half bad.

                “So Lucifer? How many lives did you take for yourself to build this self-worshiping room? And hey I don’t blame you, it sounds like you get pretty lonely down here. Besides, who else could love such a worthless, selfish, inconsiderate, bastard besides the bastard himself?!!”

                That got him. I felt a smile reach my lips as I watched him appear before me. His eyes reflected anger but his smile said otherwise. “Well think about it Lucia, if that’s true then that makes you a bastard’s daughter.”

                Without thought I found my palm against Lucifer’s jaw, his head swung to the right as I felt a satisfying sting against my skin. “I hope you know, you deserved every bit of that!” I snarled.

                Lucifer gently touched his face as he began to laugh. Only when he stopped laughing and his eyes reached mine did the fires grow larger. I could hear Jesse scream, and a part of me knew that the flames were seconds away from engulfing him. I had to act fast. So as fast as I could, I pushed my hands against Satan’s chest and watched him fly towards the flames. Taking this chance, I flashed my gaze towards the flames and stared causing the fires to dwindle.  From the corner of my eyes I spotted Jesse, his face flushed with relief as he began to sprint towards me.