Chapter 8

Chapter 8

                My eyes were glued to the mirror. Well whatever was left of it anyways.

                Shards of glass covered my bedroom floor as I clasped my burning head. I didn't understand what happened, or what I did afterwards. All I was focusing on was the fact that, that man was gone. And that all that mattered. 

                "What's going on?" My mother cried from the doorway. I gazed up at her, from behind my tears. Shaking my head she rushed over and brought me into her arms.

                "There was a man," I choked. "He talked to me, he told me th-that he..."

                My mother shushed me as she pressed her lips to my hair. Did she believe me? I didn't think she did. I didn't think anyone would. I wouldn't even believe me...

                As I cleaned up the shards of glass, I couldn't help but notice my knuckles were bloody. Had I walked up the mirror and punched it? No...I couldn't have. But I must've if it caused my hand to bleed.

                I shook the thoughts away as I headed to the bathroom to clean the wound. While there, my thoughts began to race. What if that woman in the book was right...what if this was the devil. I wished it wasn't, but nothing else explained what was happening. But I wasn't crazy. I just couldn't be...Either way how would I find out if this man was Satan? There could only be one way. I had to talk to him again.

~*~

                "Okay," I whispered out loud. "Whoever you are...talk."

                Silence

                I pressed my lips together. "Well...say something!"

                Nothing

                "Are you serious? You chose now to stay quiet! What the hell!"

                A laugh suddenly came from the behind me. Whipping my head around, I could only see the eggshell coloured wall of my bedroom.

                "Who are you, who are you really?" I asked.

                A deep breath came from the voice as it began to speak. "My name is Lucifer."

                My eyes widened as he said his name, I was right..."Where are you?"

                "Well, I'm with you in ways, but really I'm in-"

                "Hell..."

                "Oh brava!" He chuckled.

                "What do you want from me anyways?"

                "I already told you, didn't I?"

                My eyes shifted. "What do you want exactly?"

                "Okay, I'll explain it in ways you can understand.'

                I scoffed.

                With a snicker he continued. "When you become angry, you do things. Your hair lights up, and let's be honest..I don't have to explain to you what happens when things grow sour."

                I stayed silent as I walked over the edge of my bed.

                "Yet I've never seen you do anything out of nerves, annoyance or sadness. I can't wait though!"

                "Why?"

                He cleared his throat. "You see, there is so much more you can do now. Go head think of something that makes you angry..."

                "You piss me off..." I mumbled.

                "Okay," he laughed. "Now Lucia take that and think of air."

                "Air?."

                "Just think of the air, the light clear air."

                "But why air?"

                "Just think of it!" A dozen voices suddenly echoed in anger.

                I jumped back from the sound. "Okay, okay..."

                Doing as I was told, I thought of air. The light wind, and the limitless point it can do. I thought of the cool feeling against my skin, and the heights the element could reach.

                "Lucia," He cleared his throat. "Open your eyes."

                Swallowing worry, I slowly opened my eyes and all I could see was the crease where the wall met the ceiling. "Shit!!!" I yelled as I fell back down to my bed.

                With a laugh he said. "Don't you see now, you can do so much..."

                "Wh-Why...?"

                "Because you're mine..."

~*~

                I stretched my hands out as I stood. Slowly I could feel myself get nervous through the heat of my hair. Taking a deep breath I pictured myself in the air. Then suddenly my feet tingled as my hair began to grow hotter. Soon, the ceiling touched the top my head as my eyes widened at the descending floor underneath.

                "Go back down, go back down!!" I cried to myself. With a sudden rush I crashed to the ground.

                A crowd of voices hummed in my "Because you're mine...."

                ...But why?