Chapter 36

I stared at Lucifer with fear, and I knew he could see it. For God’s sakes, I knew the man could even smell it! He lived off of fear!

                “Oh my dear Lucia, it isn’t as bad as it seems...” He took a step closer.

                I glanced at the door way, my attention ready for nothing. I mean what was I to do? Run around in the hallways and hope he doesn’t find me! I was screwed! This was his game! I was losing.

                My eyes fell towards Neil who wasn’t cleaning the shattered pieces; instead he looked up at me with a large shard of glass in his hand. I could feel my eyes grow wide and my breath stop short. However, before my feet would make their way towards the door, he slid the glass towards me, and darted his eyes towards Lucifer.

                “I-I,” I mumbled my eyes rising towards Lucifer.

                He smiled, extending his hands towards me. “I won’t hurt you...I promise.”

                I knelt to the ground, my white dress hiding the glass weapon.

                “Oh Lucia,” He chuckled, as if talking to a small child. “I would never hurt you.”

                My fingers wrapped around the cold material as he began to kneel beside me. “Bullshit!” I yelled as I flung my hand towards his face before running out the door.

                The moment I was out of the room, a loud booming howl escaped Lucifer. My heart was on fire, and my blood was running fast. I could feel my legs moving swiftly but I wasn’t sure where I wanted to go. I knew I had to find Jesse and my mother, but where?

                “Lucia!!” Lucifer called out behind me.

                I took a small glance back, as I continued to run.

                “Lucia!!!”

                Shut up. Shut up. Shut up!!!

                “He’s dying,” Lucifer laughed. “He doesn’t belong here!! You’re killing him!”

                Abruptly I stopped. “No...”

                “Yes!!” Laughter. “You’ll never find him!”

                I have to! Looking up at a door that read Stephen Warren Homes, I took my chances and opened the door to run in. My face was suddenly hit with warm humid air. I looked around me I had walked into some sort of jungle, and the door behind me had dissolved with the red dirt and trees. I took a moment to catch my breath only to be interrupted by a running figure. It swooped right through me and continued running towards the greenery. I looked up from where it came from. There another figure was approaching only this one had blood covering it from head to toe. Without thought I ran after them.