Chapter 25

Author's note:

Hello!! So my first day of school is rolling aroudn the corner, so let me apologize now when my uploads for new chapters are much slower than what you or I would like. But do not fret! I have this chapter all wonderfully written! This one is much longer than the other chapters, so sorry if the lenght is not what you are used to, but I take that apology back if you enjoyed the chapter! :)

So without further a do, here is Chapter 25!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 25

                Lucifer was sitting at the very end of his large dining table, gladly taking in his meal that Neil had less than gladly brought. I on the other had sat to his left, just looking. I have to say though, for the devil, the man had very good table manners.

                He had everything down, from the soup spoon to the dessert fork. As he happily indulged in his roast chicken breast, he looked up at me, smiling before placing a piece in his mouth. "Delicious, no?" He grinned.

                I faked a smile as I ate a small spoonful of wild rice.

                "Good, but don't eat too much, we still have dessert!!"

                When he brought his attention to his glass of wine, I looked around the room. It was just as fancy as his "office." Up above us was a large chandelier, and around us on the walls were large mirrors, paintings and candles. I shook my head, who knew that this was hell...

                "Are you finished Lucia?" He gently asked.

                I looked up at him, and then down at my plate. It looked untouched. "Yes,"

                So he snapped his fingers summoning Neil back in. "Dessert," He commanded

                I gazed up at the man; he was thin, and tall. He almost resembled the dead. And he seemed so tired. Annoyed, and tired. Within moments he had entered back in, with two plates of cake. I let out a genuine laugh. "Is that angel food cake?"

                "Yes, yes it is!" Lucifer grinned.

                How ironic....

                When Lucifer received his plate, he stuck his fork in and spoke. "I just want to say again how glad I am that you are here! I really I am, and to thnk how many years I have been waiting for this!! Oh trust me; I have been waiting quite a long time!

                "It's been so long since someone could do the things you can. Well no that's a lie; no one could do what you do. But I must say there have been much more devious people than you. Neither the less, you are so much more welcome here than any of them."

                "Well, uh, thank you." I mumbled through a piece of cake.

                "Oh, don't talk with your mouth full now," He said what?! "Now, I don't mean to rush you, but I would just love to show you around!"

                "Um, okay, well I don't have to finish then..."    

                "Alright, we'll save your piece then," He smiled. "Neil, please take her piece and place it the fridge separate from the whole cake."

                "As you say sir..." Neil grumbled.

                When we left the dining room, Lucifer placed his arm on my shoulder as he said. "I must say though, to convince you to get here was very difficult. Then again your exit from earth was quite magnificent!"