Chapter 18

Chapter 18

                “I never thought you had it in you?” Lucifer... “You’re stronger than you look, you know? And with killing that boy’s grandmother?! Wow, fantastic touch I must say!”

                I wasn’t sure if my eyes were closed or if I was stuck in a dark room. But one thing was for sure I was alone with him.

                “Lucia sweetie,” Lucifer spoke. “You mustn’t have gotten your blood pressure so high! You’re becoming angry over silly things!”

                I wanted to scream, I wanted to accuse him of so much! I wanted to yell at him, tell him how much nerve he had to call my mother’s kidnapping a silly thing!

                “Shh, you’re getting all worked up again, I can see it.”

                Shut up! I just wanted him to stop talking! To just leave me alone and bring my mother back! I desperately tried to scream, but my throat felt blocked. Soon I began to panic as I was frantically seeking to find my voice.

                “Lucia, please calm down...Am I upsetting you?”

                By hell you are!

                “Oh I don’t mean to really! I just want you to listen to me right now that’s all.”

                Where was he anyways? Where was I?! All I saw was pure black, no faces, no light...

                “Now, look here, you must really consider just doing what I ask you to do. That little show you did at the fast food chain? Tisk Tisk, not the way to go.”

                There had to be some way out. Or at least something to tell me where I was!!

                “See Lucia, things are getting way out of hand...”

                Nothing, there was nothing I could see. I couldn’t even see my own hands in front of me. You know as a matter of fact, I couldn’t even feel them!! Stupid bastard!! Where did he take me?!?!?

                “But you have made things just way more complicated than they should have been. Getting a poor woman involved in all this...”

                I felt fear creep up within me. I prayed for something to tell me that there was a way out!

                “Are you listening Lucia?”

                There had to be something! Anything! A small speck of light! A gust of wind!! ANYTHING!!

                “Lucia...”

                If only I could yell! Oh dear Lord. The anxiety was beginning to take hold of me. Where was I?!!

                “LUCIA! ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?!!”

                Then there it was, I felt a small tug, or a twitch. Well really my neck twitched. Even though the action was small, it still soothed me to know that I could react to the devil’s screams.

                Suddenly I had notice that things were silent. Where did he go? Then out of nowhere there was a pressure on my chest, then another pressured sensation in my throat.

                Gush

                Unexpectedly an abrupt sound of what seemed like forced air, began to surround me.

                Gush

                It was very rhythmic too. I took comfort in it for a while...

                Gush

                Then it all hit me. I was alone. Where ever I was, in this darkness I was alone. The fear and worry began to grow again. There was never a moment where I wasn’t afraid. But I still wasn’t used to the panic.

                Gush

                Gush

                Gush

                Gush

                The sound slowly became annoying, taunting even. I had to know where I was!! I couldn’t just suddenly be alone after I was running, with...Jesse!! Where was he?!

                He left.

                That was right, he left. I let him leave. Yet it still didn’t explain why I ended up in complete darkness. I was beginning to think that letting him go, was the wrong decision.

                Beep. Gush.

                Oh that was new!

                Beep. Gush.

                I intently listened; there was something too familiar about those sounds...

                Beep. Gush.

                Beep. Gush.

                Beep. Gush.

                That was it!! I knew where I was...if only I could just open my eyes.