Chapter 14

Chapter 14

                I fell short of breath when I found myself huddled against a corner by the stairs. My hands were clasped around my hair, and my knees were guarding my chest. The thoughts of my mother calling to me still lingered in my head, and I couldn’t help but think of how this all was my fault. What’s worse was the fact that now Jesse’s grandmother knows, and God help us all but I couldn’t bare knowing that was two more lives in the balance because of me.

                “Lucia,” I heard a whisper from a top me. “Lucia, please come back inside.”

                Staying silent I buried my head between my knees. My eyes began to sting as I felt a hand touch my shoulder.

                “Please, you can’t sit here all day.” Jesse nudged.

                I lifted my head but I didn’t look at him, instead I stared straight ahead as he helped me up. His hands reached around my waist, and I didn’t feel anything but the need to just push him away, or to throw him down the stairs.

                When I entered back into their living room, I spotted Jenny on the love seat her hands cupping her face. She was the one upset? WHY?!

                “Okay,” She mumbled from behind her hands. “I don’t know what else to believe, if it isn’t drugs.”

                I shook my head in frustration, letting out a scuff of annoyance in the process. 

                “What is it then?” She asked.

                Looking down at her I felt the same surge of anger inside me from before I ran out. I could simply kill her, and just get her judgmental mouth to shut up. But then again, even I wouldn’t believe myself.

                “Lucia, you need to understand that this isn’t real...there is no hell, there is no devil!” Her voice pierced my skin, as if it was trying to drill some sort of bloody indent in my already frustrated mind.

                I stared at her face, her eyes boar into mine, trying to tell me that I was wrong, that I was the one who didn’t understand. It was the same eyes my mother gave me when she told me that there was no one in that mirror. I tried to shake her glare away but I couldn’t move my eyes.

                “You need help...” She whispered as she stood up.

                My eyes grew wide as I heard Jesse huff behind me. I need help? I need help?! “Who do you think you are?” I growled.

                She continued to walk as I took a step closer.

                “You have no idea the things that I could do to you! And you’re telling me I need help? Well grandma, you'll be sorry there isn't a hell, cause that means there's no heaven either. No one’s going to save you!”

                Slowly she turned around as her face grew grey and angry. “How dare you,” She snarled, “Who do you think you are, coming into my house and talking to me like that?!”

                I let out a ghostly chuckle. My mouth opened to say words but instead a dozen voices rang out. “How dare I? How dare you?! You’re time is coming old lady, and if anything I don’t mind making it come sooner. Its real, it’s all real!”

                “Get out,” She shivered. “GET OUT!”

                Jesse stepped in front me his hands touching my shoulder trying to push me out the door. “You need to leave.” He whispered with fear.

                I laughed. “That won’t save you lovely!” Staring at Jesse I watched his eyes grow with panic. “It won’t save her either!”

                His eyes quickly glanced at his grandmother as he frantically urged me to leave.

                “Just you wait old hag!!” I screamed with a voice not my own.

                Suddenly she burst into tears as Jesse gave me a final push. I continued to laugh as the door closed behind me. All I heard were cries out winning the small voice that comforted the whaling. My mind still burned with thoughts of anger at what she said. But what was more frightening was the fear in me at everything I had just said to her.

                Who was I becoming?

                My laughter dulled down to an awkward chuckle trying to hide my anxiety.

                “But she shouldn’t have taunted you like that?” A voice whispered inside me.

                I shook my head, yah she shouldn’t have. She had it coming. It was her fault! Her fault! If anything she’s calling for her own death!

                The eerie laughter came back, but it came out with a hint of pleasure. A hint of not anger but wickedness, and it felt so good! The stupid old thing called this upon herself! What a bitch accusing me of being crazy, of being on drugs, of needing help!!!! Stupid wrinkled old bag!! SHE DESERVED TO DIE!!!!
                .......Suddenly I heard a piercing scream, a shrill cry...of pain.

                I continued to cackle, as I smelt...death. And it smelt so enticing!