Chapter 39

It's been a while hasn't it? I truely apologize and hope I didn't drive any of you away! I just need some time to figure things out in the story, and to get to where we were to where I want it to be! =) Anyways it's my spring break so hopefully if all goes well, we might even finish this soon!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 39

                The world around me spun, and everything I knew, and hoped for slowly disappeared. My eyes began to dry and soon the tears were replaced with the sting of stress. I wasn’t sure what happened, but before I knew it I found myself outside in the hall, carefully closing the door. Jesse reached behind me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I however was motionless. My mind was suddenly only concentrated in his hoarse breathing.

                When I pulled away from Jesse, he turned me around to face him. My eyes were stubborn and only stared at the far abyss.

                “Lucia...” Jesse whispered lifting my chin up.

                My eyes helplessly fell to his. They looked tired, sore, and hopeless.

                He didn’t say anything else; instead he just laced his fingers with mine and led me as far away from the door as he could.

                The doors passed us limitlessly. The halls never came to an end. And as far as I knew Jesse and I were blocks away from Lucifer and my mother.

                But I couldn’t let Lucifer get away with this. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do, or how I was going to do it... however I knew I had to do something.

                “He’s so cunning isn’t he?” Jesse mumbled as we sat against a wall.

                I leaned my shoulder against a frame of a door, trying my best to ignore a small muffled scream I heard from inside.

                “Maybe you should just do what he wants...” Jesse said as he tried to stop a cough.

                My eyes darted towards him.

                “I mean, there’s nothing we can do. As much as I hate him, and hate what he has done, you can’t honestly believe that either of us will get out of here.”

                “There has to be some way...” I managed to murmur.

                Jesse shook his head. “There isn’t...”

                “There has to be something...”

                “Lucia, no there-“