Epilogue

Epilogue

                I watched below me as the angels flew off, leaving Lucifer alone with the rubble we had caused. Slowly I took a step back, taking in the sight of defeat and hope. In a way it was all over, and I wasn't sure if the end came too quick, or too late. But here I was: safe.

                I felt a small touch to my shoulder; gently I turned to face the man behind me.

                "Why did you take so long?" I hesitantly asked.

                The man smiled, his eyes understanding and his presences peaceful. "Because I waited for you..."

                Shaking my head I said. "Waited for me, to do what?"

                He took a step closer placing a firm hand on my arms. "Lucia," he humbly explained. "No matter how much you never mentioned me, or how much you did mention me, I didn't dare step in when I knew you could handle yourself."

                My throat began to close, my gaze wandering the space around us. "But I couldn't handle myself! I was scared...I needed help."

                "Only those who really need help, get help. You are much stronger than you think Lucia, much stronger."

                "But you left me alone! You let Lucifer take my mother!!!"

                He sighed. "There are some things that need to be sacrificed..."

                "And that was my mother?!! You can't just do that!"

                "Lucia," He gently intervened. "You need to understand what I wanted."

                "Oh I clearly do! You wanted me unaided and in arms grasp from Lucifer."

                I was surprised by how much patience this man had. He was caring, forgiving, and something completely different from the hell I was put through. "Listen my child, your mother was a good mother..." His voice trailed off.

                "But she wasn't always a good woman..."

                He gave a small defeated nod.

                I shook my heads frustratingly. "You still left me on my own!!!"

                A small smile came to his face. "Not completely alone Lucia..."

                I froze, mid-sentence, and mid-breath. Jesse... "Where is he?!" I gasped.

                He shrugged. "That's what you decide."

                I wasn't sure what he meant at first, but he smiled with assurance and left me alone to think. Falling to the ground, I clasped my head in my hands and took a deep breath. Something in me told myself that Jesse's fate was in my control.  And something else inside me said that I was meant to stay here. But the pieces didn't comprehend.  

                Only when I looked down again did I realize what stupidity I was holding. Lucifer was alone, and I wasn't sure if he was glad about it or not; but neither the less he was on his own. He was condemned to stay there along with those who followed him. My mother in a way was one of his followers. She lived a life of lies, and didn't ask for help, or forgiveness. She harmed so many men, her own mother, and worst of all in ways I didn't see...me. She was meant to be there. She asked to be there.