53

melissa's pov:

i hadn't told ally that i was in america, i had been lowkey following her cause she's my best friend and i've got money to blow.

but i couldn't stop thinking about what connor said. was i really like a little sister to him?

melissa: brad we need to talk about con

brad: what, what happened?

melissa: he's.. ugh! jdhfjkwkzjncnrjeuaijaj

brad: what? melissa i'm not ally i don't understand your language

melissa: i told connor that i liked him and he said i was like a sister to him

brad: i understand that. he's lying, he's just scared to commit.

melissa: but why?

brad: look i don't really wanna talk about one of my best friends to you. it's not my place to discuss

melissa: can we talk irl?

brad: i'm in america melissa

melissa: so am i :0

brad: ugh fine, meet you at the starbucks to where my gig is tonight

melissa: ok i need to talk about connor with someone, see you there. xx

i take a deepbreath, and shove my phone under the hotel pillow, and then put my shoes on and jog down to the starbucks. when i get there, brad is waiting there, on his phone. he's smiling to himself, i wonder what he's reading?

i walk up to him, i look at phone. of course he's reading ally and his texts. so cliche. i roll my eyes and sit down across from him, he immediately puts his phone away.

"so, what's up?" he asks, when i look at him.

"it's connor! ally told me he needs to grow some balls and ask me out, but i don't think he has feelings for me." i explain.

"and you came to me for answers.. because?" he questions.

"because, ally isn't super close to con right? and your the next best thing!" i tell him.

"actually, con and ally are close friends. he's very sweet to her, so you could've just believed her advice." brad explains.

"is ally cheating on you?"

brad opens his eyes, wide. he looks mad, it was just a question. "what the fuck is wrong with you? i love ally, and she loves me. why would you ever think that?!" he says, angrily.

"chill out, it was just a question. you said it yourself con and her were close, so i just assumed that -- "

he cuts me off, "well you assumed wrong. look, i don't know why con would lie to you. he obviously likes you, and your a nice girl. so just stop overthinking it, and talk to him in person." brad stands up with his phone, i stand up and walk closer to him.

"what are you doi-"

with that, i kiss brad. at first, he's into it, but then he pushes me off. "what is wrong with you melissa?!" he's mad. i can tell.

"i just thought that -- "

he shakes his head, vigorously. "No no no no no! i need to talk to ally! get away from me you weirdo!" brad grabs his drink and runs out of the shop. what's his deal? he was the one flirting with me.

bradley's pov

oh god, i feel so guilty. that was disgusting. i feel disgusting. was i leading melissa on? was this my fault?

"ALLY!" i shout, as i walk into the tour bus. but she's not in there, where'd she go?

brad: ally? we need to talk

brad: it's about melissa

brad: pls respond baby, i love you xx

ally: sorry what? i was talking to connor about melissa. he just told me he didn't know how to react to her telling him her feelings. he's gonna talk to her though! how cute is that!

i sit down on the seat, feeling so guilty.

brad: ally, please come back to the tour bus. its important.

ally: what? what happened?

brad: i need to tell you in person..