authors note

THIS IS GENUINELY IMPORTANT. ITS A REMINDER AND AN EXPLANATION OF THE LAST CHAPTER. PLEASE READ.

ok, so i know i already put a trigger warning in the chapter title, but after reading it and writing more chapters for the ones after it (i can't redo it as i've written about 30 more chapters after it.) i realise that what i wrote was wrong.

so let me explain something first, she wasn't being selfish for self-harming if it came off that way i apologise but when i was writing it i meant it was suppose to be a romantic sort of sad moment when brad found her cutting and all that. now, i wrote it about two months ago now (i know, A LONG TIME. if that doesn't make sense to some of you all i publish these chapters very slowly and have had them all ready for awhile.)

so, i wrote it a couple months ago and i was only just beginning to write fan fiction and stories and stuff, so i didn't quite understand some things. now, i'm not gonna redo the whole story cause the type of chapter i wrote wasn't appropriate but i am going to warn you, it might happen again.

YES, i don't have it all planned out BUT if it does happen where i write self harm scenes and stuff, i don't want any hate. if i do get hate, i will delete the story. i know it's 'romanticising self-harm' and that's not appropriate, but the main character has serious anxiety. it's not selfish.

she genuinely thinks that if someone/some people ignore her, she thinks she isn't good enough. so, she punishes herself for not being good enough, it's just something she has to deal with and brad is suppose to be there for support through her depression. that was the point of me adding self harm into the story, so if it does happen again i apologise in advance if you have had to deal with problems like it in real life and i apologise greatly for that but it's just part of the story and your gonna have to deal with it.

so, in advance i'm sorry for romanticising self harm, it's just something i wrote and it is technically person as one of my family members (i'm not gonna go super detailed or anything) did self harm. and i was the one who found out, so i guess i'm in brad's role and my family member is in ally's role? i don't know, it was just an idea that kept the story flowing.

thank you for taking your time to read this.

~Olivia

update

so, i've been thinking about it, and that chapter had no point. the story could've been great without the self harm but i can't take it out now. i won't ever be doing it again X