54

ally's pov

"hmm, brad seemed serious." i mumble to myself, i'm sitting on a park bench in a small playground. there were heaps of kids running around but i didn't care, connor had just gone to get a drink.

"what's up?" he says, with a water bottle. connor sits down next to me.

"look at these texts." i say, and then i past my phone over to connor. who scrolls through the messages.

"strange.." he thinks for a moment.

"you don't think she .. you know." connor suggests something i don't want to think about.

"kissed him? no way, she's my best friend. she would never do that to me. and anyways, why would you say that? you like her don't you?" i shrug.

"yeah. but you gotta be realistic ally. how often to you and brad actually talk about melissa without her there?" connor questions.

"uhh, never. but it might be about you and melissa! who knows?"

"whatever it is, you better go talk to him." connor passes me my phone back.

*beep*

i look at my phone, now melissa is texting me.

melissa: GIRL.

melissa: you need to breakup with brad

melissa: that douche was flirting with me! like wtf??

melissa: we were talking about con and all of a sudden he kisses me LIKE BOI YOUR DATING MY BEST FRIEND , GET OFF OF ME.

melissa: ally?

ally: he kissed you?

melissa: yeah, i pushed him off of course, cause you know. i'm a good friend.

melissa: but srsly break up with that dickhead!

ally: um talk later i'm with con

melissa: why?

ally: because we're friends..?

melissa: whatever.

i show connor the messages, my hands shaking as he grabs my phone from my hands. "what the fuck?" he mutters to himself before giving me my phone back.

"do you believe her?" he asks.

"of course i do!" i say.

connor thinks for a moment. "what should i do?" i ask him for advice but he doesn't answer.

"get brad's side of the story. when you told her you were with me her attitude changed very quickly, what if she kissed brad not the other way round?" connor explains to me.

tears roll down my cheeks. one of them is lying, and i'm afraid it might be brad.. "ally? are you alright?" i look up at connor, who immediately embraces me when he sees that i'm crying.

"you can't overthink this. you don't deserve to go through this, but you need to find out the truth, talk to brad." considering connor has feelings for melissa, he definitely is standing up for brad.

"brad isn't a guy who would just do something like that out of the blue. if he did, he's either drunk or thinks your cheating on him. which by the way, isn't a good enough excuse." connor tells me, he was very smart considering he was the youngest of the boys.

i nod my head, nervously. connor hugs me again, before he looks behind me. awkwardly.

"uhh, ally." he points to the silhouette behind me and i turn around. brad is standing there.

"i'll be off then." con stands up and walks away, he wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. brad sits down where connor just was.

"well? explain." i wipe away my tears, and say this to brad, confidently.

"why.. why are you crying?" he moves closer to me, and attempts to comfort me but i push him off.

"don't touch me. just talk." i instruct him.

he nods, nervously.

"well, melissa requested for me to meet her at the starbucks. i have text messages as proof, so i went. she told me we're gonna talk about con, which we did. she suggested that you were cheating on me with con, which i defended you by the way. and then when i was about to leave, she kissed me. i'm not gonna lie, i didn't push away at first but as soon as i realised what was going on, i ran outta there." he takes a deepbreath and looks into my blue eyes.

"do you.. do you believe me?" he waits for my response.

i burst into tears, "i..i don't know brad!" i stand up and ran away. i didn't know where i was going, but everything was spinning..