epilogue part 1 ~ the engagement

time jump five years

"brad, why are we even going out? it's not a special occasion or anything." i question, as he helps me with putting on the necklace he bought me for valentine's day this year.

he laughs, he told me it was a fancy dinner. so i'm wearing a dress, he's casual fancy, not wearing a suit or anything.

i feel silly, we never do things like this. for dates we usually stay home and watch netflix or go to mcdonald's for food.

but never this, it was strange.

"just trust me babe, it'll be great." brad assures me before quickly kissing my forehead and running off to the bathroom; most likely to have a pee.

. . .

the car ride home was silent, the restaurant was nice. we talked about random things like usual while eating expensive food, then we went home. neither of us had anything to drink, and neither of us wanted anything to drink.

"so, what was the point of that exactly? not that it wasn't fun or anything, the food was great. but why?" i question, i was still curious to the whole thing.

"just wait until we get back home, babe."

about two years after i first had sex with bradley, we moved into a small house, we share a bedroom, with two bathrooms and a guest room. it was a nice place to live.

"seriously? i hate surprises."

he smirks a little, before the car ride goes silent again.

. . .

brad grabs the house key from his back pocket and opens the door, when we walk in i don't see anything different, before i spot a small velvet black box sitting on the dining table.

"wh..what's that?" i stutter, even though i already knew exactly what was happening.

he laughs, and i go red as he walks over to it. he grabs it, and then walks back over to me. without letting a moment to let me think, my boyfriend gets on one knees and smiles up at me; making me blush.

"alyssa rose, you are my pride and joy. you are the greatest miracle that's ever entered my life and i want to spend the rest of my life with you. so, will you maybe marry me?"

i nod excitedly before we both hug each other, i can't stop smiling. this was amazing, i had never felt more happy in my life. "oh my god, is this really happening?"

he nods, still smiling before he slips a sparkling golden ring onto my finger; fitting me perfectly.

as soon as the metal touches me, i kiss his lips. when we separate, his hands are still on my waist. "i love you so fucking much."

"i love you as well, ally,"