"I'm lost and I lost Loki."

Francis' POV

Liam and I packed our suitcases to stay at his parents' house for the weekend, before he starts to get busy with his other life. It's terrifying for me because I get nervous around his family. Last time I went to their house, I broke her mother's vase that her mother made for her. She said it was alright, but I could tell by the way she treated me after that, I knew she didn't want to talk to me again. I'm afraid I'll do something stupid again.

"Wake me up when we're there," I tell Liam before falling asleep as he makes his way to Wolverhampton.

When we get there, like two hours or so, Karen is watering the plants. She takes her sunglasses off and looks at the car, when she recognizes it she hurry herself towards it. Without letting Liam finish parking, she was already knocking on his window.

"Hi mummy," Liam hugs her tight as soon as he gets out. When they finish hugging she turns to me with a sweet smile, I hesitate before hugging her.

"You came just about time, Ruth finished baking a cake!"

"A cake? A cake for what?"

"Duh, it's your own dog's birthday." Ruth walks out of the house rolling her eyes, he laughs before hugging her, "it seems like you forgot about him."

"I will never forget Loki." He says before turning to me, "Go inside, I'll take care of the suitcases."

He leaves me alone with Ruth and his mother. We walk inside and Loki barks at me, making me step back. I almost fall on my butt, but Liam caught me.

"Loki likes you, babe. He just wants to play with you."

"I, uh, yes." I am not into petting animals, but this is Liam's dog so I guess I could just touch him. "Happy birthday, Kayla."

"Loki." Ruth corrects me before laughing.

"Ruth, move the cake to somewhere else because the ants are trying to crawl it," Geoff walks out of the kitchen and pulls Liam and I for a hug. "Glad you two decided to stay for a couple of days, we sometimes feel lonely since Ruth and Nicola are always hanging out."

"Where is Nicola?" Liam asks, holding my hand after dropping the suitcases to the floor.

"She went grocery shopping, she'd be back before noon. Make yourself comfortable, I'm going to help Ruth in the kitchen,"

Geoff walks to the backyard. Liam carries Loki, and sits down with him.

"I'm going to help your mum and sister in the kitchen,"

"No." He whines, "Sit with me, let's watch something in the telly. Take the remote,"

He points with his lips towards the coffee table. I sigh and take it, turning the telly. I keep changing channels until he says to stop when he sees Spongebob laughing. He tries to imitate his laugh and I almost choke at the weird sound he just made.

He starts caressing the dog.

"You don't like dogs, do you?"

"Nope. Not at all." I admit.

Loki rolls over on his lap and Liam starts tickling his tummy before looking at me.

"I was thinking on bringing him into our house. I thought you would like to take care of him and while I'm gone, you can cuddle him."

"I just... I don't like animals. When I was in elementary school, Jenna had a big dog and it bit my arm. So no, I don't like them."

Liam rolls his eyes, obviously annoyed, "Oh well, I'm still bringing Loki home, and... since we don't have kids, we have a dog!"