Prologue

Before you continue...

1. Remember this is a fan fiction guys, and I wrote it for fun and I really hope you like it!

2. This was my idea. I didn't copy any story. I came up with it. This book was published on January 2013. :)

3. I don't accept translations. Sorry!

4. Sophia Smith did not reject Liam 22 times, her name is Emily and I changed her name. :)

5. Eleanor's fans... Larry shippers... stop hating each other in the comments. :P

6. Second book is "Niall and Harry Take Miami" and the third one will be published soon.

7. The link to the original Epilogue is in my bio.

8. I wanted to add an '8' to annoy you lots. I love my 22 Times readers.

--

Prologue

"If you ever feel stupid, remember you're not the girl who rejected Liam twenty two times." My friend tried to cheer me up. I didn't get what she was talking about until my eyes landed on her poster on the wall.

My throat went dry when I realized who it was. Liam Payne. The boy I rejected twenty two times and broke his heart.

He was finally living his dream as a famous singer. I stared at the other posters, and my lips played a smile.

Look what he become. I was lucky, but I didn't appreciate.

Look what I've lost. Am I too late?

"So, yeah don't feel stupid. I mean you didn't do it on purpose right, Francis?" She kept talking but I was lost in my thoughts. "Next time feed your fish so you don't have to feel that way."

I had no idea Liam Payne was a member in One Direction. In what world do I live?

I ran hand through my hair and bit my bottom lip. Damn, he's gorgeous.

"Don't worry about it. I forgot to feed my fish once, so you're not the only one." She continued. The sentimental subject about me forgetting to feed my fish didn't matter to me anymore.

Then I realized that my best friend, who doesn't shut up, said something earlier.

'If you ever feel stupid remember you're not the girl who rejected Liam twenty two times.'

"My fish's name was Flushy and it was flushed down the toilet. Don't feel bad about it, fishes aren't that important. Are you even listening to me?" She asked annoyed.

"Francis!" She shouted.

I jumped and turned around, quickly, "Mia, what do you meant by 'the girl who rejected Liam twenty two times'?"

She burst out laughing, "When Liam wasn't famous he liked a girl. He asked her out so many times and she rejected him. Right now she must feel really stupid. Liam is a babe!"

I scratched the back of my neck. "Is Liam single?"

Her gray eyes met my blue ones, "Yes, don't even think about it. He's mine."

I laughed nervously, "I don't mind."

She smiled and continued getting ready to meet One Direction. I was accompanying her to get an autograph from them. Maybe I could talk to Liam. Will he recognize me? Does he hate me for what I did?

"I am so happy you're going with me. I know you don't listen to One Direction that much. That's why it means a lot." She said, putting her nail polish on the nightstand. She wiggled her toes. "Do you like the color?"

"Pink looks good on you."

"Why thank you. Now let's go."

+

"Dear lord" Mia mumbled, staring at the line. "Can't believe we're fourth."

There was a large table with five good looking boys, signing pictures for the fans. There Liam was. He was taking pictures with crying fans and making their life. He haven't change when it comes to personality. He is still the puppy lad. The sweet hearted Liam.

He was the poorest kid who was bullied on school and I was one of the popular rich girls. He liked me, I liked him. He never knew and I rejected him. I was forced by my friends and my rich parents.

"Hey, what's your name?" A blonde haired boy asked Mia as soon we were next. Mia froze with a wide smiled on her face.

"Her name is Mia. She's a huge directioner." I said for her.

The blondie smiled and signed it, giving the picture of themselves to a quiff dude. After the first four signed it, it was Liam turn.

"Hello, Mia." Liam smiled.

"Hi, Liam. I'm a huge directioner and I love you so much."

"I love you too and thanks for supporting us." Liam said with a gentle smile and then looked at me. His smile faded away but then it returned.

"Are you also a fan?" He asked me.

I felt my heart break a little. He doesn't remember me?

"Your music is good and I think you lads are very talented." I nodded, trying to keep it casual. I know it didn't work, my nervousness made him tilt his head and frown at me.

"Thank you. Here..." He smirked taking an autographed picture of him. "Have a great day. Nice to meet you, girls."

He waved his hand as a goodbye and a bodyguard moved us forward. "Hi Paul, I see you've been working with that mustache. You sexy mofo!"

Mia grinned and Paul smiled a little. Woah, my friend is such a weirdo.

"That was amazing!" Mia sang. "Best day ever. I can't wait to write this in my biography on Twitter."

We crossed the streets and hopped on to my vehicle. I sat on the driver's seat while Mia on the passenger seat. I tried to not look disappointed to her and succeed. She was just too excited to even care about anything else.

Before I started the car, I looked down at the autographed photo on my lap and gasped softly, grabbing it.

He didn't sign it. He just wrote: 22 times.