4 Times

~"I'm scared to fall in love. Afraid to love so fast because every time I fall in love it seems to never last."~

Chapter 4:

I looked through the window of the bedroom and stared at the beautiful view of London at night. Eating a chocolate bar, sniffing and feeling the tears down my cheeks I repeated the scenes of Liam and me on the beach in my head.

Finishing my chocolate bar I headed to the shower and got out thirty minutes later. Pulling my hair into a bun, I got into my Paul Frank pajamas.

I grabbed Liam's photographed photo and looked at it. I felt like a stalker by staring at it every time. Or even worse, I felt like a directioner.

Ha! If Mia heard what I just said she would kill me and feed me to the hungry animals.

I didn't know what to do so I jumped to bed and stared at the interesting ceiling.

I think I shouldn't try anymore and forget about Liam. I guess we were never meant to be.

I grabbed my iPhone and plugged in my headphones, tapping shuffle. The song that came out was; I won't give up on us by Jason Mraz.

I closed my eyes and sang along, "I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough. I'm giving you all my love. I'm still looking up and when you need your space to do some navigating, I'll be here patiently waiting to see what you find..."

I started humming and slowly drifted to sleep.

I woke up and checked the alarm clock next to me. It was three in the morning. I couldn't sleep very well. I started rolling around on the bed and I stood up. I grabbed Liam's coat and put it on. Putting on my flippers, I headed outside. Maybe a walk outside could get me sleepy.

The empty streets relaxed me and I blanked my mind, not wanting to think of Liam, my broken friendship with Mia, how much I'm going to pay for my car which is getting fixed, or anything else that could get me stressed.

The next day I woke up sick. My head was throbbing, I couldn't stop coughing, and my throat hurt and my body was glued to the bed. I called to my work and excused myself for being absent for the day. Eleanor will be getting her pictures taken with other photographers until I get better.

After the afternoon, my doorbell rang and I slowly got up, walking downstairs to get the door.

As soon as I opened the door, my heart jumped. "Hi... Liam."

He sheepishly smiled and scratched the back of his neck feeling the awkwardness from the scene we were having.

"Hey I just wanted to check on you. Eleanor said you were feeling sick, so I just came here and..."

"Come in" I interrupted him. He hesitated before coming inside. I closed the door behind me and led him the way to the living room where he sat on the couch. I sat next to him staring at his beautiful dark brown eyes. "Thanks I feel terrible, I look like a hobo." I pointed to my dirty sweats and my panda slippers. He chuckled.

Liam cleared his throat and took a deep breath, "I also wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for being rude to you yesterday."

I bit my bottom lip and smiled a little, looking down to my hands, "It doesn't matter, its fine."

"Can we start over?" Liam asked in his deep voice and I immediately looked at him in shock. Did he just ask that?

"W-Why?" I stuttered, tilting my head in confusion.

"Because I want to, and I know you want it too." Liam ruffled my hair and I blushed. I really needed to tell him the truth. I needed to tell him the reason why I rejected him. I don't want him to think that I want fame, his money or anything else.

I heard a loud thunder and I jumped, wrapping my arms around me. Liam laughed at my reaction. I started panicking inside. I panic; I really panic when I see the lighting and hear the thunder. It's so scary and I can't take it.

I started shaking and Liam stood up walking towards the window, with the view of London, "It's raining."

I stood next to him and I was about to grab his arm, but I pulled back and stared at the gray sky. The drops of rain, falling against it were almost covering the whole window.

"I should go now, the lads are going to get preoccupied" Liam said taking his keys from his pocket. I watched him walk towards the door and I wanted to stop him. I wanted him to stay here for awhile.

A heard another thunder and I shrieked. Suddenly the power went out.

Liam's Pov

Heading to the door, I heard another thunder and Francis shrieked. The power went out; not being able to see where was I going. It was dark.

"Francis, are you okay?" I asked, turning around hoping I could take a glimpse- at least from her hair. I kept walking and calling her name. I couldn't find her and she wouldn't answer.

I was now upstairs and with my hands touching the walls, I found a door and I opened it. I heard sniffing and coughing. With the light from my iPhone, I walked towards the closet where the noises were coming from. I tried to open it but it was closed.

"Francis?" I asked slowly and I heard her sob. We heard another thunder.

Francis gasped softly.

"Are you afraid of thunders?" I asked, knocking the door.

"Yes" She answered in a small voice.

I never saw Francis so weak, and I know it was because she was sick and feared about thunders. I know how to make a person stay calm in a moment like this.

"Open please" I demanded with sweetness. I didn't know what was happening to me. Are my feelings for Francis coming back? Would she hurt me again?

She slowly opened and I found her sitting on the floor with her legs pulled against her chest. Her hands was covering her ears and I watched her tears fall from her redden cheeks.

I stuck out my free hand, "Come"

She hesitated by my offer and heard another loud thunder which made her jump on me. I wrapped my arms around her waist and slowly walked her to the bed. She sat crossed legs on the bed and stayed covering her ears but I knew she could still hear them.

Lighting around her room with my iPhone, I found her headphones and quickly took it and ran towards her. I sat crossed legs on front of Francis and helped her plug them in. I connected the headphones to my iPhone and put some loud music for her to listen. Francis seemed to calm down and didn't even notice another thunder.

In the dim light I could see her blue eyes sparkle and her lips form a smile. She picked up my iPhone and showed me the screen.

"You have a wonderful voice." She whispered.

I noticed she was listening to 'Little Things'. I grinned and nodded as a 'thank you' gesture. Yes, I have my own songs on my iPhone.

Am I falling for Francis? Do I like her? Again? Would she reject me? Does she like me? Does she want fame by using me? Or what?!

My mind asked me questions I couldn't have the answer.

"We meet again" I said caressing her cheek as she kept scrolling down my phone. She didn't hear me but I didn't care. "Fate?"