18 Times

"If someone doesn't see you in their future, maybe it's time to put them in your past."

Chapter 18

"I mean, look at you! You're one handsome young man, with a great future ahead of you... I agree with my husband, Liam. You were an embarrassment before." Mum laughed like if that was something to joke about. Liam cleaned his lips with a napkin, inhaling and exhaling before looking at my dad.

"Its true." Liam forced a smile, and I know he was hurt by their comments, but I knew he only wanted to agree with them just to make things easier.

"Could you two stop being jerks?" I snapped. Mum raised her eyebrows in shock and dad's lips parted "You don't even know Liam. You only think that money is all what matters in this world."

"Francis..." Liam rubbed my back, "Let it go." He whispered into my ear.

"No" I told him.

"I'm sorry if I offended you with the truth, Liam" Dad smirked.

"You two are very adorable, eh?" Mum grinned, "It's such a bummer we're moving to Los Angeles."

Liam and I looked at each other and turned to look at my idiotic parents, "What?"

"Francis, sweetheart. Dad found a new job and we're moving to Los Angeles. We can't leave you here by yourself. You're only eighteen." She held my hand and rub it's top.

I looked back at Liam, unbeliving this shit.

"Y-You're lying, right?" Liam asked them.

"Mum we can't leave." I said with gritted teeth.

"When you turn 21 you can do whatever you want, Francis. By now, you have to do what we say."

"Mum, what about my job? What about Liam? I can't leave, I just can't!"

"We're sorry, baby but we made our decision. Our flight is in Friday."

"That's too soon!" Liam sounded whiny.

"So you did all this without asking me how I feel?" I stood up and curled my hands into fists.

"Don't raise your voice at us like that"

"This is unfair!"

"Could we talk about this? You can't take her away from me, she means so much to me. It's too soon, I don't want her to go." Liam's voice was slow and begging. I wanted to cry. I couldn't believe it.

"I thought the news was going to make you happy. You two could still skype and stuff..." Mum said before drinking the rest of her drink.

"No, no, no I don't want to go!" I sat back down, covering my face frustrated. I could already feel my tears falling down my cheeks.

Liam snaked an arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer, "With so much respect, I think Francis is mature and old enough to live by her own. She also have a job. You can't keep telling her what to do."

"Watch me." Mum smiled at Liam, "Well this dinner went well. Sorry, but we have to go. We're gonna visit your grandmother Francis."

"See you on Friday." Dad stated.

Mum and dad shook hands with Liam, but before they gave me a kiss of goodbye I walked out of the room and got upstairs. I opened the door to Liam and Niall's bedroom and stepped inside, closing the door behind me. I turned on the lights and groaned.