Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~23~ Your Love

Start from the beginning

“You fu**ed Joey,” he answered.

“W-what. No. I couldn’t have, could I?” I stammered. Sh1t. Sh!t. Sh!t. My first time and I don’t remember it. The last thing I remembered was playing ‘Never Have I Ever’. Fu**…I was screwed. I started to rub my arms; now that I knew what I had done, I felt self-conscious and repulsive. Ugh.

Zac started laughing.

“I’m kidding,” he chuckled. I punched him in the stomach and the movement caused my head to spin. I scoffed and shook my head. He stopped laughing and gave me a new look. “I’m sorry; I forgot you were…”

WHAT.

“How do you know that?” I snapped.

“Other than the fact that you and Brian wouldn’t have had the guts…” he dissed. I rolled my eyes. “You told me.”

“I did?” I asked. “What all did I tell you?”

He shrugged and then rose up, only to grab a paper and pen. He started writing and then balled up the paper and put it in his pocket. I gave him a confused look. All he did was hand me a piece of paper and a pen. Like I knew what to do with it, right?

“Write down exactly how you feel about me,” he instructed. I raised an eyebrow. “I wrote down what you told me and how I feel about that stuff, so now write down how you honestly feel about me.”

“You’re Lulu’s ex—”

“Don’t think of that detail then,” he shrugged.

“You have a girlfriend,” I reminded.

“I broke up with her,” he said with guilty wide eyes. Oh, right…

I have a boyfriend,” I reasoned.

“I don’t care?” he answered. I rolled my eyes and looked down at the paper.

Lines. Nothing but lines. I really wanted to change it to “lies” instead of “lines”, but knew that I had to be honest. I gave him one last look before actually writing something down. I bit my lip and wrote, taking up the entire front side. When he was busy looking out his window, I ripped off the last line and shoved it in my pocket.

“What now?” I asked when I finished. He held out his hand and I reluctantly handed it over to him. He balled it up and grabbed his trash can. He threw it in there.

“We burn it,” he answered.

Great. More fire.

He leaned down to light the paper ball on fire, but then he grabbed my hand with his left and…something washed over me; protection?

I slightly nodded to myself that it’d be alright, but then he tried to light the lighter and not a single flame came. He placed the lighter back in the drawer on his desk and shrugged.

“Guess it’s outta fluid,” he presumed. Sure…

He bent over to reach a bottle of water on the floor.

“I need to go do something, so can you please just…sober up and take a nap or something while I’m gone?” he asked. Sounds like a good idea to me. He handed me the water, but it took me seconds to drink it all. He gave me a crazy look. I flashed a smile and then it faded. He moved so that I could lay on his soft bed in the place where his attractive body had laid hundreds of times before. It was…comfortable.

“Sweet dreams…” he muttered before grabbing his bag and leaving.

“Have fun…wherever you’re going,” I replied, nicely. I don’t know how a guy can drink so much alcohol and act like it didn’t even faze him! Lucky.