Don't get me wrong, I looooved having Dad and Luke here, but I must admit it was pretty sweet just being by myself for a while. I could run around just in my undies, have my music up as loud as I want and eat whatever and whenever I wanted when I felt like it. Well, I normally did anyway but so what. 

I rocked out a bit, ate Dad's special ice cream whilst I went sliding on the tiles in my long socks. I tripped and fell, rolling on the carpet. I laughed at myself, getting carpet burn on my knees. I was a klutz. 

I couldn't help grin widely when Jason continually texted me and I invited Mel over for a hang session. She was over in a matter of seconds.

"We should so chuck a party!" she grinned, her eyes lighting up. "Oh yeah, please?"

"Um, yeah right." I replied, punching her lightly. 

She rolled her eyes at me and stuck her tongue out. I made at face at her in response. After we talked a bit more, we just lazed around eating and watching movies, occasionally going for a swim. It was late Friday afternoon.

We cooked some pizza subs, YUM, and ate them outside, dipping our feet in the pool and gazing at the stars. This was one of our favourite things to do. We used to always do it when we were little. We kept the tradition up. It was just our thing. It was a few moments where we could really just talk and hang out with each other.

"So. Jason hey?" Mel said out of the blue, nudging me and furiously wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. "He's pretty hot." 

"We're just friends." I pointed out, although I couldn't help the smile stretch across my face just at the mention of him.

"Okay, but I'd tap that if I was you." she said with a casual shrug. "Feed the pony."

I giggled at her term. She never failed to amuse me with her random remarks. I refused to say any more on the subject and she finally let the subject drop, thank the Lord. I suggested we go for a midnight swim and any thoughts about Jason and I instantly scattered from her mind. Her eyes lit up and she clapped her hands together. 

"Yaya!"

I rolled my eyes at her. We quickly got changed up in my room, before coming back down to the pool.

"Want to skinny dip?" she asked seriously, smirking.

"Um." I said, slightly uncomfortable. She was my best friend and everything, but I still thought that was sort of weird. "I don't think I'd like that." 

"Oh come on." she teased. "Stop being so innocent."

"Er, maybe another time." 

"You're such a party pooper." 

I stuck my tongue out at her, feeling like I was five years old. We finally retired up to my room and passed out. I could faintly here Mel snoring beside me and I kicked her softly. She grumbled at me and turned over. I smiled into my pillow before falling into a heavy sleep.

------------------------------- 

Jason's POV:

I was pretty embarrassed Emma had to witness my drunken so called 'father' coming home. For the one night he actually did come home, had to be the one she was there.

Running my hand through my blond mop of hair, I sighed. Mum and I were both over him. He continually tried to start fights with me and push me around. At least he didn't hit Mum. Well, usually. Sometimes he tried. She was terrified of him. She's tried to leave him, but he threatened her. He is a wealthy man and has strong connections with people. She was too scared to fight against him.