"She's Coming"

"Well? Who the fuck is that?" Rose snatches the picture out of Michael's hand.

"Seeing other bitches?" She smirks, half kidding, half serious.

Michael looks over to Dalma, who was fidgeting. This was not the way she wanted to break the news to her, especially not today.

"Mom, she looks just like you." Rose flips the picture over. "There's nothing on here. Cousin?"

Dalma instantly perked up, a lightbulb going off in her head. "Yes mi amor. A distant cousin. She was in the islands."

"She isn't related to Gisel and Traci, is she?" Rose raises her eyebrow, shuddering at the thought of her disgraced family members.

"No, she's uh..." Dalma darts her eyes back and forth, trying to make up a lie. "She's Uncle Jojos daughter."

"Uncle Jojo?" Rose looks at her mother, skeptical. She's never heard of an Uncle Jojo, she never even knew she had an uncle.

"Yes hija, you don't remember Jojo? He passed when you were about thirteen, but you only seen him once when you were about four so maybe that's why you can't remember." Dalma chuckles nervously. "He had a daughter shortly before he passed. His mother moved to the islands and we haven't heard from them since."

"Oh. Okay." Rose hands Michael back the picture. "Well what did she want?"

"I guess she wants to visit. Her mother never told her about us until the trial started and she's been wanting to meet us ever since."

Rose rolls her eyes. She knew something had to be up. Ever since she became famous all these "family members" have shown up and wanted to meet her just to get money.

"I don't know ma. What if she isn't a real family member? What if she just wants to come so she can have five seconds of fame and try to steal my money? I'm not trying to go back to jail again."

"My love, she looks just like you two though." Michael interjects, trying to save this train wreck of a conversation. "And if your mom says its your Uncle Jojoba-"

"Jojo." Dalma says.

"Sorry. Jojo, then you should believe her. Has she ever lied to you before?"

Dalma gives Michael a semi death stare, before looking at Rose and giving her a soft smile. She hates lying to her daughter but she just couldn't know yet.

Rose sighs, nodding her head. "Well, I guess a visit wouldn't hurt. Let me make some calls." She turns around and walks back into the house, leaving Michael and Dalma alone once again.

"So how are you going to tell Liliana that her sister knows nothing about her?" Michael asks, rubbing the bridge of his nose. It's like every week something is happening, like damn, can't there be a day when there's no cliffhangers in their life?

"I don't know. I'll figure it out. Just make sure Rose doesn't suspect anything and I'll handle the rest." Dalma gets up, grabbing her bags.

"Where are you going?" Michael asks, standing up.

"Don't worry about it nigga." She says with an attitude. "Just do what I say and make sure Rose doesn't know anything, or else I'm cutting your dick off."

Michael cringes. Why do these ladies always threaten to cut someone's genitals off?

*Rose*

'I look at you
You look at me
And then we smile
Knowing what we're in for
The kiss that you give
Makes me want you more and more
We're having the time of our lives'

I hum a tune that was stuck in my head, trying to figure out how I should incorporate it into this song. I didn't want to do another ballad. It was time to change up the sound once again, and I just wasn't sure what I wanted.

I was already behind schedule with this album, and I've been itching to release something. I mean, it HAS been seven years since I made something.

I head a knock on the door and I see a fedora poke inside. "Babe."

"Yes dear?" My back was towards the door, and I could feel Michael's warmth coming closer.

"I'm gunna head out. I need to get some work done."

"Okay." I say, still not turning around. I was into my work I didn't want to stop.

"I know you're into your work so I won't stop you." Michael says, reading my mind like always. He gives me a kiss on the cheek, then walks towards the door.

"Love you." I say, finally turning around.

Michael smiles. "I love you more." Giving me a air kiss, then closing the door.

I smile to myself, then get back into work.

*Michael*

I wasn't really going to work. I lied. Whoops.

About ten minutes after Dalma had left she called me, telling me to meet her at her hotel.

Thirty minutes I arrived at her hotel and met her at the bar. It was empty so it was okay that I could be there.

"What's going on?" I sit on the stool, and the bartender gives Dalma and I two shots of whiskey.

Dalma gulps down her shot, then takes mine and does the same. "She'll be here in the morning."

My eyes bulge, and I order a shot for myself. After throwing back the drink I look at her. "What?"

''I called her after I left and I offered to pay for her flight and everything for the morning. I was so excited that I completely forgot that Rose doesn't know. Oh god I fucked up. I fucked up bad!"

"No you didn't. That's just your motherly instinct. You want to see your baby. How about this, I'll pay for the flight, make sure everything is perfect for when she comes. I'll get her a limo to her hotel and I'll make sure you two spend the whole day together. I'll be with Rose so she won't suspect anything. How does that sound?"

Dalma looks up at me. "Can you throw in some money for a shopping spree? For your future mother-in-law?" She bats her eyes and I chuckle.

"You're lucky you scare the shit out of me." I grab my wallet and hand her my Gold Card. "Don't get too wild."

"Bartender!" Dalma snatches the card out of my hand and slides it to him. "Martini. Extra wet. And keep em coming!"

Dalma looks at me with delight. "I get to finally meet my other baby!"

--------------------------
I'm sorry this is a short and boring chapter! It's so short because the next chapter is actually the LAST chapter of the book! Thank you guys so much for being with me for this past year. I know I haven't been updating as much but that's because of personal issues in my life.

Tomorrow (April 7th) will mark the one year anniversary of Heart On The Line. My goal is to have the final chapter done and published tomorrow.

The third (and possibly final) book will be out on May 4th (my birthday!)

Like I've said before I'm not sure if this will be a short book (1-15) chapters, or a long one like the previous two. It's still a work in progress lol.

Thank you guys for still loving my stories. I love you all ❤️