28

"Well, it looks like we'll be here for another couple of days, maybe a week, so that means Rose has to cancel her shows until she recovers." I sigh, stretching my legs.

After Rose threw up and almost bled out everywhere, they had to take her to see what the problem was. We all assumed she was pregnant, which I was sorta happy about, given the circumstances, but she wasn't. From there we thought she had a miscarriage, but the doctor said that didn't happen either.

"Did they say what the cause of it was?" Mother asked.

"Um, kinda."

"Well, what do you know so far?" Dalma asks, shaking her legs like crazy.

"It seems to be her ovaries. She had a growing cyst brought on by stress and lack of proper hydration. All the stress and whatnot caused it to rupture, which is what most likely caused the bleeding. They're just waiting for all the tests to come back." I stretch my back. For once in my life I desperately wanted to sleep, it seems like every time I close my eyes something is happening.

"Oh my baby." Dalma sobs. Out of everyone I'm more concerned about her now. She just poured her heart out to me about losing her second child, who we don't even know if she's alive or not, and now her first child, her pride and joy, is battling this. If anyone needs to catch a break, it's her.

"We won't hear anything until tomorrow, so maybe you all should go." I say, and everyone agreed.

"Come on love, you're more than welcome to stay with us while this is all happening. I don't want to worry about you being alone." My mother offers to Dalma, who smiled graciously.

"Thank you mama, I've always been grateful for you and your family's hospitality every time something happens. I just wish I could do the same." Dalma sighs, and mother pats her back.

"There's no need. You're always welcome no matter what."

The two new friends said their goodbyes before leaving the waiting area, and soon enough my siblings and Joesph left.

I wasn't sure if I should stay here or go home. I'm afraid to go home for various reasons:

-What if something happens to Rose? I'll feel bad for being here.

-What if Lisa and Billy had other accomplices? What if they're waiting for me to be alone?

-What if the-

I shake the thoughts out of my head. I'm being paranoid for no reason. Rose is fine, everything is okay. I just really need to get some sleep.

I left an hour later, after making sure it was clear to leave, and that Rose was fine for the night. I promised I would be back first thing in the morning, and hopefully she would be awake.

Getting into my hotel a short time later, I finally had a chance to look at myself and clean up. I was still in my clothes from when we were attacked, and I felt disgusting.

I stripped off my clothes and threw them in the trash, then stepped into the shower. I was deep in my thoughts, thinking about all the stupid, immature things I've done within this past year. Tabitha was right, I should've listened to her before I let it go too far.

As I was about to wash my hair, I felt something different. My hair, which is usually in a ponytail, was not hitting my back. Confused, I take it out, running my fingers through it. To my horror I found clumps of hair in my hands.

Immediately I remember that while I was still conscious, one of them pulled me by my hair and did something to it. I never knew what it was because I was in too much pain.