Intruder

"I can't marry you tonight!" Rose yells, looking at Michael.

"Why not?" Michael asks, shocked.

"Why not? Michael, you JUST got divorced a couple of days ago and it's not even finalized!"

"But you JUST said yes to marry me!"

"I'm drunk Michael! I say a lot of things when I'm drunk." Rose scoffs. "You just don't understand."

Michael looked at her like she was crazy. "What?"

"Miiichael." Rose whines, turning towards him. "I wanna marry you. I really, really do. But we need to talk about this whole marriage situation first. I don't want to get married in Vegas, I wanna plan out a wedding. Invite my family and yours, and our friends. I wanna make sure we're finally doing this for the right reasons. How is it gunna look when the world finds out you got married to your ex fiancé/felon who just got out of jail? Dayyys after you filed for divorce?"

Michael looked at Rose, knowing she was right. "I'll look like the biggest asshole on the planet."

"You still are the biggest asshole on the planet." Rose says, rolling her eyes.

"Driver, back to Roses house please." Michael sighs, looking at Rose.

"You're right."

"I always am." Rose says.

"Don't get slick." Michael chuckles. "I don't even have a ring for you."

"Yes you do."

"I do?"

Rose nods her head. "I'll show you when we get inside."

Twenty minutes later the two lovers entered the house. It was empty, but also had an eerie feeling.

Michael turned on the lights and walked around the house first to make sure nobody was around, when the coast was clear Rose walked upstairs to her room.

"Oh, that girl cleaned up for me. Little bitch." Rose slurs, looking around her pristine room.

"Charrlllleeessss! Where's my goddamn martini?!" She screeches, plopping on the bed.

"Rose, Charles isn't here. He doesn't work for you anymore, remember?"

"Oh." She muffled into the pillow. "You're right."

Michael lays down next to her, putting his hand on her waist, and he thought she was about to knock out until she sat right up.

"The ring!" She jumped out of the bed, running to the closet. After a couple minutes of hearing her shuffle things around she finally came back out, holding a small, black box.

"Take it." She purrs, handing it to Michael. Michael grabs the box then opens it, gasping.

"Y-you still have it?" Michael admires the emerald and gold engagement ring that he bought her in 1988. It was still sparkling like new.

"Mmhmm. I was wearing it the day I was indicted. It's been kept in the safe along with my other belongings ever since. When I got out I almost threw it in the garbage."

Michael chuckles, and looks at her. "Well I'm glad you didn't. Come here."

Rose slides over to where Michael is, and he stands up, making her sit down.

"Michael, I am too drunk to be giving head right now."

"Hush." Michael laughs, and gets down on one knee again.

"You already know how I feel about you, so I don't need to say that speech again. So, I'm asking again, Rosalinda De La Fuente, will you marry me?"