Realizations and Feelings

*Michael*

"What are you gunna tell Lisa when she comes back?" Tabitha asks while nursing the cut that was on my lip. Rose got a few good hits in, I'm surprised her tiny body didn't get hurt in the process.

"I have no idea. Why can't I say the truth? I don't like to lie."

Tabitha scoffs and looks at me. "You're really going to tell your wife that you got beat up by your ex girlfriend, who just got out of jail? I'm sorry but no, just tell her that you were rehearsing and you fell, busting your lip."

I sigh and get up, looking at myself in the mirror. I had a little bandage on the top of my lip, and it looked hideous.

"When is she coming back?"

"Who?" I ask.

"Lycra."

I roll my eyes and look at her. "It's Lisa. She's coming back tonight. You need to start being more nice to her."

"Whatever." Tabitha sighs.

"Anyways, have you picked out a dress for the VMAs?"

"No not yet. I was thinking of a sparkly, black and red looking dress. What are you wearing?"

I scrunch my eyebrows together and think. What was I going to wear?

"I have no idea. I'm opening the ceremony so I wanna make sure everything goes right. That includes my outfit."

"Well as long as you don't go over the top, then we're good."

"Over the top?"

Tabitha gets up and walks to the refrigerator and grabs a bottle of water. "Like sparkles, embellishments, that kind of thing. No offense but the sparkly outfits are so 1985."

I chuckle at her and stand up. "I promise I won't do anything sparkly. But you can't stop me from wearing my embellishments!" I yell as I walk upstairs to my room. When I get inside my room I lay down, trying to clear my mind.

Today was a confusing day.

I saw the woman who was the love of my life and she just... Snapped.

Maybe it was my fault, but why wouldn't she talk to me? And the fact that she beat me up in front of everybody, that was embarrassing.

I probably shouldn't have confronted her in that way. I didn't know she was really that angry at me. Usually when she's angry she'll throw a quick insult and walk away, then pretend like nothing has happened. Now she's just like the Rose I met at the Grammys.

But worse.

I sigh and get up from the bed, and walk around. I was bored, and Lisa wasn't coming back for another couple of hours. I was certain that Tabitha had left and Tommy was at the studio.

I was alone, and kinda lonely. Tabitha and Tommy haven't been around as much since Lisa and I married... I wish they could all get along.

I start to think to myself as I walk around the house, just roaming around with no actual destination and I stop at one of the rooms. I thought I was hearing piano music, and I open the door to find nobody. Just a piano. Before I could close the door a memory rushed through my head, making me smile.