Icon Of The Decade- The VMAs Part 2

Ten minutes earlier.

*Rose*
"Miss Rose, it's time for you to come backstage."

I nod my head and stand up, ignoring Michaels pleading eyes. I gave kisses to everyone, and slipped Lisa the finger when nobody was looking and headed to the side door, where I was bombarded with celebrities.

Everyone was congratulating me for an award I haven't even received yet, and I was feeling myself I'm not gunna lie.

"Miss Rose," Nathan Morris comes up to me, "it is an honor and a privilege to be presenting this award to you. You are one of the pioneers of the music industry and it's about time you got recognized for your work. I am so happy that myself and the other members are giving this award to you."

I smile and hug him, giving a kiss on his cheek. People don't realize that even though I'm the biggest cunt on the planet, I still have a soft spot for those who genuinely care about my work in the industry.

I mingle with some of the people backstage for a while until I hear the announcer I the crowd.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please return to your seats. We'll be back on the air in five minutes."

I follow some lady to where I needed to be at and waited patiently. Since I had some time to myself I decided to think about everything that was happening.

Just think of the positive things Rose. You look bad as fuck in your outift, you're being honored with the most prestigious award ever, AND you get to rub it in everyone's faces that you're the best in the world, even when you were in jail.

I smile to myself after my little pep talk and prepare myself to walk out the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Boyz II Men." The announcer says and everyone cheers. I listen to what all of Boyz II Men had to say about me.

"Wow, want can I say about this beautiful woman? I mean she's a trooper, she was- and still is one of the greatest people to ever live." Nathan says.

"She started out at 17 years old and overcame so many obstacles throughout that time, and she's not stopping there." Shawn says next.

"She's already working on a comeback album and working on a movie deal with some of the top directors in Hollywood, proving that she can do anything, and is willing to take on a challenge." Wanya speaks up.

"We are proud to be honoring this woman with the Icon Of The Decade award tonight, she is here and she is here to stay forever," Nathan says again, smiling towards me.

"Please welcome, Rose!"

I walk out from the side and the crowd went wild. This is the loudest I've ever heard people scream for me. It was a bit overwhelming to say the least. I smiled and waved, looking down at my mother and the kids, who were screaming the loudest. Michael and Lisa were standing too, but they weren't as enthusiastic as everyone else.

I give all the members of Boyz II Men a hug and a kiss on the cheek, before accepting my award.

I clear my throat and smile, watching the crowd scream.

"Wow." I chuckle, "This is such an honor thank you. Um, I really don't know what to say. It's been a while since I've been on a stage, I kind of forgot what it felt like. I actually nervous, which is something I'm usually not, but I'm not going to make a long speech, I just want to say.. Thank you. Even though I was stuck in a rut for five years, I'm back." The crowd cheers more.

"I'm back and better than before, and I just want to say, I'm grateful for my fans, y'all stuck by me while I was in jail, and continued to support me even when we all thought I was spending the rest of my life there. I want to thank my mother," I motion towards her and she gives me an air kiss, and mouthed 'I love you.' "Without her in my life I don't know where I would be today. I also want to thank my father... we didn't have the best relationship but I'm thankful that I was able to reconcile and reconnect with him before he passed away." I blink away tears and look towards Michael, who seems to be hooked on every word I'm saying.