Getting Reacquainted

*Michael*

I take a deep breath and look over to Dalma, who's still giving me a death stare.

"Where do you want me to start?"

"I think it's self explanatory but I'll enlighten you." Dalma says, digging into her purse and grabbing a cigarette. "How about we start with when you and the whore met."

"Don't call my wife a who-"

Dalma looks at me, the cigarette in her mouth and the lighter in her hand. "Excuse me? Remember who's fuckin house you in Michael. I will kick your ass. I can do whatever the fuck I want and I can say whatever the fuck I want. If I think your wife is a hoe, which she is, then Ima say that your wife is a hoe." She lights the cigarette and takes a long drag, inhaling the smoke. "And there's not a damn thing you can do about it."

I sigh and finally sit down, ignoring the threat she just gave me. "We met the day Rose was indicted."

"You what? The poor girl wasn't even in jail for five minutes and already your dick was looking for a new home to be in?"

"No Dalma. It wasn't like that at all. She happened to be there to support Rose and when she was found guilty she was there to console me. None of us thought she would be found guilty. We ended up becoming great friends. She understood what I was going through and she helped me through everything." I explain, and Dalma looks at me like I'm an idiot.

"So what made you marry the girl?"

I honestly didn't know how to answer that question. It just sort of happened. "I mean, I love Lisa."

Dalma smirks to herself, tapping her cigarette onto the ashtray. "You're dodging the question boy, but is it the way you love Rose? I think you only married the bitch to get some good publicity, but in reality honey, that was the worst decision you could've ever make."

"Lisa is a good woman." I state.

"And I'm the pope." Dalma mocks. "Listen boy, I can smell a rat a mile away, it happened with Traci, and her bitch ass mama. From the day I met that little slut you call a wife I knew something was up with her."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I've known her for as long as I can remember. I'm pretty sure she told you that they used to be friends." She looks at me, and I nod my head.

"They used to be the best of friends. Lisa was there when Rose was down on her luck, you know, when I was in jail and her father- God rest his soul- wasn't around. They were inseparable, you would've thought they were lesbians." She chuckles. "Rose brought her to the jail one day, and I just got this awful vibe from her, like it was bad. She didn't seem trustworthy. Anyways, they were friends for years and then in like 1987 or 86 I don't fucking remember, they had a huge fallout. Rose never told me what happened, I never pressured her. I just told her that whenever she wanted to tell me then she could tell me."

I look at her in shock. I never knew that her and Lisa had a fallout. When I ask Lisa about what happened between the two, she told me that they just lost contact after one of her world tours, and Lisa had gotten pregnant.

"I see from your face she told you something different." She laughs. "That Lisa, she is something else. I swear boy you don't know what you got yourself into."