New Challenge

Michelle POV

"You girls ready?" Dad asked while Mother and I packed our last things in the car.

So today was our last day in our little 2 story home. It was actually sad because I was leaving childhood memories behind.

Cara's Mother said that she got two amazing houses , both on the same plot.

There is also a surprise for me and Cara.

So we climbed into the car and dad drove off towards Wimpy, where we would meet Cara and her Mother.

Her father isn't come along - her Mother said that the man she knew and love , rejected her after all these years of marriage.

*****
Cara's POV

We stopped at Wimpy seeing that Michelle and her parents' car was already parked outside.

"You ready for the new challenge?" Mother asked and I just nodded

We walked inside, the heat of the food enveloping me in a hug. We saw them immediately, laughing  like a real family.

I sighed and Mother gave my shoulder a little squeeze knowing why I was like this.

It's fine. Leave him. Magna growled and I smiled at the whore - new nickname.

"Hey. Sorry we are late." Mother apologized and I scooted next to Michelle, her scent was amazing - wood and pine - Magna purred. Mother sat next to Miss Camrai.

"No need to worry, we just sat down. So you girls want to order something?" Mr. Camrai asked.

"Yeah. We'll have a plate of chips and double thick bar-one milkshakes." Michelle smiled at knowing both our orders. What I also loved about her being so observant.

*****

So we ate and after that Michelle and I decided to take our car and drive behind her parents' car. Mother was in no state to drive and they respected that - so she'll give directions.

After a while, Michelle was fiddling with the music.

"Pick a song girl." I joked and she stuck her tongue out.

Next Thumbs from Sabrina Carpenter boomed over the radio.

Somewhere in the world there, is a father and a mother
And the father is a son, who has a mother
The mother has a daughter who gets married to the brother of a mother
And they all just tryna multiply with one another

We laughed as people zoomed past flipping us the bird about our loud music.

Put your hands up like you just don't care.

"Mother asked if we wanted to stop anywhere?" Michelle asked after looking up from her iPhone.

"Just to fuel up." I replied, looking at the meter tank.

I heard her typing and then a beep later.

"We may stop, they'll catch us at the next town.."

"How many towns left?" I asked and she typed again.

Then a beep sounded.

"Two towns till we reach Black Hallows." She replied and shut her phone off.

So we drove while singing, laughing and thinking about how "wonderful" it would be ( note sarcasm )

^^
Vote
Comment
Share
❤👌🌈