Run in.

Cara POV

While I was on my morning run my legs carried us toward my favorite quiet spot. Nine miles away from my house was a lake called Massive Lake - You can probably figure out why it was named that.

"You know you could ... maybe ... slow down..." I mentally sigh and obeyed my best friend, Michelle Camrai's, order.

I met Michelle the day I stepped into our high school. We just connected instantly, with her bouncy brown curls and vividly excited green eyes. Before I knew it, we became inseparable.

My parents adored Michelle from the first day and after a year passed I trusted her with my biggest secret.

Magna.

I still remember how she thought I was the family dog when I came trotting through our backdoors.

Believe it or not, she actually petted me and made baby noises towards me!

That made Magna almost bit her hand off, but when I shifted back to my human form, Michelle fainted right there and then. 

She only came to after an hour of slapping her face.

****

Hearing the water softly slapping against the rocks I instantly knew we were close.
I dropped Michelle off at a big Oak tree before shifting back like it was second nature to me. After jumping into a bikini we made our way towards the lake.

"Oh, how I love the adventure!" I exclaimed breaking the few minutes of silence we had. 

The only other sounds dimming the silence of the forest were the crunching of the autumn leaves under our feet. 

"And how I love clinging for my life." Michelle replied back and I gave a little chuckle.

"So, when are you going to find your mate?" She ask as we came to a halt before looking towards the crystal clear lake infront of us.

"Hopefully not soon." I never really liked the idea of having a mate so early in my life. I was only 17 years old. I had my whole life in front of me and I didn't need to have the stress of becoming another's mate and leaving everyone and everything behind because of that person.

My neck hair stood up as I felt another pair of eyes watching us. Michelle had one foot in the water getting ready to jump into the water before I grabbed her arm firmly.

The smell gave it away in an instant.

A wolf of the Alpha bloodline.

You must be wondering how in the world I knew it was an Alpha bloodline when I haven't even seen the wolf.  To make it easy, it was because of the smell - it smelled strongly of power and bloodlust.

My eyes almost popped out of my head after the smell entered my nose. 

Without caring about my bikini, I shifted and hauled Michelle onto my back.

While trotting away I made the mistake of looking back. 

Staring back at me were two piercing ocean blue eyes. 

"Uh C... Let's go." Michelle whispered and I swiftly started running while taking the long way home. I made sure to take a long dip through the river running through the forest as I really did not need an Alpha bloodline following us back to my house.

Before I could even stop in my backyard Michelle was already off my back running to a nearby tree where I normally stashed my extra clothes.

"Mother ! Father !" I yelled after I got dress into some sweatpants and a sports bra.

"Yes? What is it Cara?" My father replied from the kitchen. 

"Alpha bloodline at the lake."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Oh my GASH.

I hope you enjoyed the first ever Chapter of "The White Wolf"