My Best Friend

Cara's POV

After the rogues left, I made my way over to a pale-looking Michelle. 

"Michelle? You alright?" I asked as she met me halfway.

She just nodded, but I knew she wasn't... It was her first time meeting rogues.

"Just shaken up." She replied while I was embracing her in my arms.

"Don't worry I will protect you," I stated without hesitation. 

"You won't!" I almost forgot about the weasel.

"What did you just say?" I slightly pushed Michelle behind me and stared him down.

"You. Won't. Do. It." His eyes were shifting to black again, I knew an Alpha was protective, but this was ridiculous.

"You can't tell me what to do!" I growled, I felt Magna at the tip of the surface wanting to come out. This Alpha might be our mate, but there is one thing Magna and I both always agree on- Protecting Michelle with our lives.

"I can and I will! I am your mate. You won't protect this human! It's too dangerous to put your life on the line just for her! Those rogues could have easily killed you if I hadn't stepped in when I did. " He replied, this time his voice was deeper- I know his wolf was not too keen on us not bowing down to his commands. 

"I don't give a damn if you are an Alpha or the damn King of all wolves! I am the White Wolf and I won't let some rogues scare me. Let alone, some stupid mate come between my best friend and me." Magna growled furiously. I knew my eyes were slowly going more white as Magna was pushing against her mate's command.

" You will listen to me!" His voice was deeper than I had ever heard before. I knew that it was stupid to go against a Alpha's wolf, but he was threatening my best friend's safety because he thought the sun revolved around him.

"Cara, please listen to him... I'll be fine!" Michelle pleaded, but I shook my head making her go quiet again. She knew what would happen if a wolf - even if we were mates - would go against any Alpha's demand no matter how powerful they were. 

My mother has told us many tales about what happened to a few wolves going against their Alpha's wishes.

"Listen to the stupid human, mate! She knows what's best for her!" He replied and that's when I lost it.

"Don't. Ever. Call. My. Friend. That!" I spit out every word. Venom dripping with my threat.

Without thinking, Magna and I picked him up by his throat throwing him into the woods. He towered well above me, but I was livid and this Alpha stepped over a line I do not let anyone cross.

My blood was boiling in my ears. Even though my ears were ringing from rage, I could make out his warriors' footsteps as they rushed to protect their Alpha. 

I knew I was making a scene, and I never wanted Michelle to see me like this. I knew she wanted me to walk away, but I couldn't. Our need to protect my best friend made me not think rationally.

"Cara! Please stop! Don't hurt yourself!" Michelle pleaded and that made us come back to reality. I finally saw how many wolves were surrounding us, trying to protect their Alpha.

"Don't ever dare to come between us and Michelle..." Magna threatened while looking at the Alpha, seeing his eyes were slowly shifting back to normal.

 "Or we won't hesitate to reject and then kill you!" We ended off. It was hurtful to say it, but nobody came between my best friend and me. 

Magna calmed down and I took over my body again.

"Did you hear us...Alpha?" I asked and he nodded, standing up. I smiled at him and walked toward Michelle.

"Let's go," I told her as we got into her car and drove off.

"What you did...was unbelievable. I'm honored, but you know you won't survive if you reject him right?" She asked and I sighed.

"I would give up anything just to protect you Chella," I replied and placed my hand on her thigh - yeah yeah, we are not lesbians - we just have a close bond.

She smiled, " Thank you, Cara. And Magna."

"Magna says no problem," I replied.

I'm glad I have such an amazing best friend- in this world, you don't get loyal friends anymore.