"I'd only go if you stayed by my side all night, so no one tried to eat me."

"Ha!" She laughed. "Eat you. Classic."

"I was being serious."

"So was I." She got up, and clumsily reached for her phone. "Hey James, yeah hi, it's Mel. Oh yes she did, she's here right now. Haha, yes, I think she's a bit confused why I rang you. Ha! Good one! Okay, the reason I rang was just to say I'm stealing her tonight. Yep. Yes hah! I'm kidnapping her. Yup. Yeah, I'm going to take her to a party. Yeah. Of course. Yes, you know you can trust me. Don't be like that. Okay and I'll drop her off to you sometime tomorrow, yeah? Okay sweet. Bye Dad 2."

She placed the phone down and resumed with what she originally was doing casually. I just stared at her, my eyes wide. Did she really just do that?

"What was that?" I asked in confusion, my eyebrows raised in suspicion.

"Oh, your Dad confirmed you can come to the party. So no excuses."

"Why did you invite me over if you were just going to ditch for a party?" I gasped, folding my arms across my chest, frowning.

"Because I knew I'd convince you to come. Come on, try on your dress."

----------------------------

We were pretty much ready, our dress and shoes on, our hair, curled to perfection, heavily perfumed up, make-up professionally done by her Mum... just one thing.

I was wearing a bright red, very expensive, very tight and very short dress. It was amazing, beautiful, gorgeous, blah blah and so not me. It was anything but. It crossed many of my boundaries. I felt very uncertain wearing this out.

"I can't wear this." I said for the thousandth time. "I just can't. It's too..."

"What!" She gasped. "No it isn't! It looks amazing on you. Honestly. Go look in the mirror."

I dragged my feet over to her massive, full length mirror. I gasped. Wow. I barely recognised myself. My long hair was like Katherine off Vampire Diaries. (Yes, I loved that show). My dress hugged my curves, making me actually look like an 'It' girl. I never thought I'd see the day. Like I am skinny and I do have curves, but the clothing I wear doesn't exactly flaunt it.

It made my skin looked super tanned and my make-up was done to movie-star perfection. No wonder Mel looked like a model all the time. (Lindsay was a Beautician). Yet again, I felt a little jealous of her and her life. I just continued to stare at myself in amazement.

"Good, huh?" Mel laughed, grinning at my gaping. "Come on."

We were there in a blink of an eye. Straight away people stared at us in awe. Who knew what we looked like together. I didn't want to seem up myself, because I definitely wasn't, but tonight, we looked good.