"language, katherine." she continued eating and everyone went silent, the only noise being the scratching of silverware on plates. i looked around at the other people at the table, but they avoided eye contact.

"you can't make me do this, no." i slumped back in my seat, crossing my arms over my chest.

"if you don't go then the deal is off." michael's head shot up to look at me, his eyes wide. he looked like he could cry at any minute, but all i could do was glare at him. i glanced at my dad, but he avoided eye contact.

"daddy, please don't let her make me do this!" he stopped cutting his food for a second to look at me.

"it won't be so bad, love. i'm sure you'll enjoy yourself." this cannot be happening. i glanced around once more and michael looked like he was ready to get onto his knees and start begging me. i looked back at mum and held eye contact with her for a good fifteen seconds, but she didn't crack.

"this is bullshit!" i quickly threw my napkin onto the chair and went into my room. i slammed the door as loud as i could and got into my bed, screaming into my pillow. i felt the tears come as i sat in my bed, my arms crossed. when the door opened i immediately turned so i was facing the wall, not wanting to hear my brother's voice. i felt the bed dip down and surprisingly it wasn't michael, but crystal sitting next to me.

"do not try and guilt me into this." i wiped some of the tears from my eyes, not looking at her face. mum knew i was on michael's side with the whole band thing, she knew i loved him so much and would do anything to help him follow his dreams. she knew that and was taking advantage of it. she knew that if i said no she would get her way of michael not quitting school and if i said yes she would get her way of me looking into universities. it just wasn't fair, leaving this on me.

"you know, it's still your decision, right?" crystal's voice was soft and calming, helping me stop crying slowly but surely.

"i have to do it. it just sucks." i knew i couldn't do that to michael. he may be a pain in the ass a lot, but he was always there for me with whatever i needed. i was lucky to have him as a big brother, he was my best friend for years and i owed him a lot. it just sucked knowing i would have to leave all of my friends. i let crystal keep her arm around my shoulder as i grabbed my phone off the charger.

katie: verdict's in.

rose: ooooh what's the final decision???

katie: michael gets to go have his band

rose: yay ahah!!!!

katie: but

rose: oh shit

katie: i have to go with and look into unis

rose: well fuck

rose: fuck

katie: you already said that

rose: and if you say no?

katie: no band for mikey

rose: fuck

rose: what are you gonna do???

katie: off to melbs it is

rose: :(

rose: i can visit right?

rose: every weekend? and weekday? and just live with you?

katie: yes

rose: i'm so sorry, k

katie: i'm gonna go eat