Chapter 27 ~ Together On Saturday

Matilda's POV

It wasn't a dream. It was all real. Jake asked me to be his girlfriend and I said 'yes'. I couldn't still believe it.

Jake is the playboy, that would go out with many girls, sleep with them and then go away. He would be the big-headed boy with the huge ego. But to me, he was now the cutest and caring boy on the Earth. It wasn't David who I liked. It was Jake. Jake Bresley at first sight. By the time I stayed in his house and got to know him better. By the time he told me everything about Claire and his eyes filled with tears. By the time I saw his real side.

The next day would be the one that my parents would go away with the Bresleys for the weekend. I was so glad that I'ld be home alone. I always liked it.

But that day, I got a text message from David, who hadn't come to school.

"How are you keeping Matilda?" I decided to call him instead of typing a message back.

"Hey, how are you?" he said.

"Good, you? Why didn't you come today?"

"I wasn't feeling really well. By the way, I am working on a new poem for you."

"Oh, thank you David, you are so kind."

"You're welcome. Any news?"

I didn't know if I should tell him we were now couple with Jake...

"Great news. My parents will be away for the weekend and Jake asked me to be his girlfriend and I accepted." I answered hesitantly and after a pause, he spoke.

"Oh, I don't like Jake, but it's okay, as long as he is good to you." he now seemed dissapointed with me.

"You sound a bit...sad." I commented.

"If he makes you suffer in any way, I'll smack his face." he said in a warning tone.

"Don''t worry, I'll be alright." I comforted him.

"Okay, I need to hang up now. I have some homework to do."

"Do you want me to come and help  you with the exercises?" I didn't want him to be sad. I really wanted to help him in any way I could.

"No thanks. I'll do the homework and then I'll have a snap. I feel tired. Bye." he said quickly.

"Bye." I said back, but I didn't know if he managed to hear it.

After lunch, my dad asked about my progress at school and we discussed about general things, until he reached the hot topic.

"Matilda...me and your mother thought about the fact that you'll be staying here alone for the weekend. And I told you, we won't feel calm, so we want to ask you something. What if you go to Jake's for sleep, or if he comes here? I don't want you to be alone. You don't know anyone else here."

Believe me dad, if you knew about me and Jake, you wouldn't ask me to stay with him.

"I can take care of myself, but if this is going to calm you down, yes, I'll go to Jake's." After a pause, I added. "But I need to ask him first, he may want to stay alone."

"We have already asked him sweetheart..." my mother popped up.

"And what did he say?" I asked innocently.

"He said he would love to take care of you. So there is no problem." she told me.

"Okay then." I said and dad let out a sigh of relief.

They thought I might have turned down their suggestion, because they didn't know how excited I was, that I'll be staying with Jake, my boyfriend.

**