Chapter 11 ~ Her Picture

Matilda's POV

All these days I totally rocked myself. I hadn't talk to Sandra but my new friends were awesome. We would usually go shopping, swimming in and hang out until night. David was so good to me. I usually caught him staring and I always felt my cheeks turning into red. But I loved it. I didn't know if they finally became a couple with Celine. They didn't seem so and I hoped she didn't have feelings for him.

Celine was the cheerful one out of all us. The one who would tell us jokes, laugh and fill us with optimism. And I was happy that I had finally fitted in their group. They all seemed loyal and sincere. I absolutely enjoyed their company since they were the only way to escape from this golden cage here.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the house, but I was all alone. Jake was totally avoiding me since that party so I got only them to talk to.

Sometimes, I thought I wanted go back to my previous life. In Florida. With all my friends there. Living in my house, not being a burden to others. In my neighbourhood. In my school.

At least, instead of living in this house, we could rent the house next to this. As my father said, no one lives there and it is available to rent. But I guessed we couldn't afford it, so the only way was to go back to our previous life.                                        

Is it selfish?

Thankfully, in 'my' room I had everything I need. I could barely be bored in there. When I was in the mood of listening to music, I would just put my earphones and click on Youtube which song I liked, thanks to my laptop. When I wanted to draw, I pulled out of the first drawer the whole bunch of crayons. They were already there before I came. Like many others things, such  as notebooks, stickers, dolls, pencils, rubbers and a tone of other girlie things. Kind of childish things. I didn't have the chance to have a look at all the drawers at first but I  one day I did.

Maybe the Bresley family was expecting a younger girl, around ten or eleven years old. But I appreciated all the things they had done for me and for my parents.

Jake's POV

That night I dreamt of Claire. She was standing in front of me smiling, happily, freely. The previous nights she was sad and morose, sitting alone, gloomy, but this time she was different. This first time. She seemed so peaceful and serene. She came closer to me and whispered 'Don't worry. You are not alone now.'

I was so sweaty as I woke up, but all I cared for was to find out the meaning of this odd dream. I kept retrieving her words back in my mind. What did she mean by 'You are not alone now'? Why especially now?

***

School was going to start in some days. The summer passed so quickly.  I didn't have even the time to enjoy myself. I mean to really enjoy myself. Few parties, memories, football and boredom. Lot different from what I had expected for this year. Nothing special. Only Matilda, who made my heart break by the memories she brought up to my mind. Only if I could change this situation.

Matilda's POV

"I wish my mother would stop touching my things! She is forever putting my belongings in the wrong place. And now I can't find my battery charger for my laptop." I thought to myself, grinning my teeth in anger.

I turned the bedroom upside down. I couldn't find it at all. Not under the bed, neither on the desk, nor in the wardrobe.

The last place I hadn't checked were the drawers.

Please be there, please.

I started searching at every inch of each drawers. Some of them was the first time to open.  I even reached the last one. This one was empty except for a picture.

What was this? There was a frame, made of glass, showing a young blond girl around ten. At the bottom, there were two capital letters C.B.

C.B.? Who is that sweet little girl in the picture? Was that her bedroom?

Who was staying here before?

Author's Note: Guys! How are you keeping?
Shall I continue with this story or not? Please let me know your opinion. :]

So who is Claire? Did anybody get it?;]

I love you all. <3

My twitter: @kleopatratsiouk

Follow me here in wattpad and I will follow back as soon as I see it.

                                   kelly.xoxo