Chapter 10 ~ Thoughts And Guesses

Jake's POV

For the past few days, I'd been trying to avoid Matilda. It was the only solution.

She had been the only girl that reminded me of Claire since her death. She set fire to my memories. To everything I had left behind. And I should not let myself into this.

Matilda's POV

I had been so attached to my new friends. They turned out to be really cool and we always had a great time together.

David had been so friendly to me. But he was just friendly, nothing more than that. I was pretty sure that he liked Celine. Celine was a very shy but cheerful girl. And she was so nice to me. She must be the most innocent girl in the world.

David would always sit next to her and laugh at anything she said. He would touch her hair and tickle her.
But why were I pissed? This was natural. They had been friends for years and they would have really matched as a couple.

Maybe Celine feels the same, because she seems to like it when he tickles her or touches her. So I ought to back off and stay at the friend-zone.

David always acted like a small kid. He would laugh and do pranks to all of us. But he was gentleman at the same time.

If only he liked me.

Jake's POV

That night, I had arranged to stay at Sabrina's because her parents would be away for the weekend. I needed to be with her and stay away from Matilda and everything she reminded me of.

At the beginning, Sab was angry with me, concerning James' party. But then she calmed down, as she would always do.

"Hey babe, are you ready for a super hot night?"

I didn't answer. I just dropped my things down and kissed her with passion, directing her to her bedroom. I was overwhelmed by my thoughts and that was a way to erase my mind.

"Someone is really eager tonight..." She whispered in my ear.

After 'the whole thing', I remained serious and didn't talk. I was sure she wanted to ask me what was wrong with me, but she just cuddled in my arms and fell asleep. I got again stuck in my thoughts but finally fell  asleep as well.

Matilda's POV

Jake was not sleeping at home that night. He would be with his girlfriend Sabrina, for sure.

I felt like a jerk that I almost thought for a second that I might like him. That night after the party... Thankfully, it was just a misunderstanding between my mind and my heart. Nothing was real.

When it was almost midnight, I got a text message from Celine. We discussed about several things and then she referred to David. She asked me if I liked him (as a friend), if I felt close to him or if I liked him as a boyfriend.

What was that for?

Was she trying to tell me something? Maybe he asked her to date him, and now Celine wanted to ensure that I had no feelings for him so she could accept. Yes, this must  have been happening. He had feelings for Celine.

~

Author's Note: Heyyy:) I know, this is a short chappy.:/

What is the big secret in Jake's memories? Who is Claire finally?

Who do you like most, so far?
Jake or David?

If anyone reads this story, thank you all:)Follow me and I follow back<3

Thanks for the votes and the comments! You are awesome! This story reached 1,2k. Love you!