Chapter 16 ~Mysterious Boy

Chapter 16 ~ Mysterious Boy

Matilda's POV

Generally, the next week passed kind of quickly. I was really busy with the school subjects and with David, of course.

I couldn't take my eyes of him, when he was around. He turned me on. Really. His sexy voice calling my name. His perfect blue eyes under that brownish long bang. His flawless face. This dark, mysterious aura that leaves behind. But most of the time, he seemed rather depressed and he was not into talking. I bet he had issues.

Who doesn't, anyway?

It was really getting me down, seeing him so sad, though.

I felt really bored at my bedroom, so I decided to go down and watch TV. There I found Jake watching a football game.

"Hey"

"Hey" I said back and sat next to him on the couch.

"Not going out with that David today?" He asked sarcastically.

"No. You? Not going with Sabrina out today?" I asked back annoyed.

"Look Matilda. I don't want to fight with you. What I told you about David is true. I know things you don't. He is not what he looks like."

"So tell me. Why he is not good? Are you jealous of him?"

"Me? Please Matilda. Why should I?"

"Stop it. You don't know him. But I do."

"Ahh really? Did you know that some years ago he beat his own mother?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Didn't he told you that?"

"Shut up. Don't you see you're hurting me?"I felt my heart breaking. I was so angry and hurt, so I went directly to my bedroom and locked myself there till the next morning.

***

Luckily, it was Saturday, so I could wake up anytime I wanted. I really thought about Jake's words. I don't know what to believe. And he had no proof to show me that what he had said wa true.

I went down to the kitchen where everyone was eating breakfast. Only Jake wasn't there. I ate some biscuits and drank some black coffee.

Today, I was going out with David. The two of us again. I hoped that time he would make a move. I decided to leave what Jake said behind. I didn't believe it at all.

***

"Hey Mrs Pinkie. How are you keeping?" His sexy voice sent spins of electricity to my stomach.

"I am good Mysterious Boy."

"Hey, I got a nickname too?" He asked, forming his usual, cute smile.

"It suits you. You don't talk much."

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything about you."

"Let's grab a Starbucks coffee first, and then I'm all yours" He said with a wink and that made me chuckle.

Oh God, help me.

We sat on a bench in a near park, holding our Starbucks.

"Please David, tell me about you."

"There's nothing you need to know. I am here. That's what matters."

"I want to know you better." I said quickly, without thinking.

"I want to know you better too. Your eyes are captivating me Mrs Pinkie."

He came closer and cupped my cheek with his right hand. He leaned to me....but then said "I am sorry, I can't do this."

We didn't kiss.

"What's wrong?" I asked dissapointed.

"There's nothing wrong. Only me. I am not good Matilda. You shouldn't be here with me right now."

"What do you mean? I don't understand. You are gorgeous and very good."

"No, I am not. I am bad. Very bad. I don't deserve a girl like you."

His words stubbed my chest. Why wasn't he good? Why didn't he kiss me? Was it my fault?

We walked back to the house and we seperated there. He barely said 'bye' and I walked in the house. I looked out of the window to see him walking past the street, with his head down, and his eyes ready to cry a waterfall.

He was so hard to figure out. But I liked him. I couldn't let this destroy our thing.

Author's Note: Too short:(  I know.

Team Jake or Team David?

Will Matilda and David be together?

Despite his peculiar behavior, David is super cute! Don't forget to Vote, Fav and Comment:)                           

If anyone reads this, I love you *____*