Chapter 9 ~ David

Chapter 9 ~ David

Matilda's POV

I could tell by the clothes that I was wearing, that Jake had helped me wore them. I didn't remember a lot from the previous night. But I could still feel the warmness of his embrace. His scent all over his body. The way he lyed me on the bed carefully.

I love this side of him. It was the first time I saw it. A sweet and caring boy. Why is he so hard to understand? One time, he is the arrogant guy and then turnes into a prince. What changed him yesterday? The fact that I was kind of drunk and dizzy? Did he carry me only because he felt responsible to my parents?

Jake's POV

Matilda...Matilda is such a cute girl. I didn't know that by the time I saw the innocent side of her. She is unable to protect herself and I felt the urge to do that.

The way she was sitting on the table yesterday at Jakes' without knowing how to act, the fact that she got dizzy without having drank so much, the way she fell asleep in my car.. This is pure innocence.

Why does she have to remind me so much of....Claire? I needed to back off before getting more into her. I must forget everything that happened and continue as if I didn't feel a thing.

Matilda's POV

We gothered altogether for lunch, and I was starving since I was uncapable of waking up earlier for breakfast.

"Did you have a good time yesterday?" My father asked us.

"Yes it was brilliant." I answered.

"I am so happy for you Matilda." Mrs Bresley told and then she turned to Jake.

"And you Jake?"

"Yeah mum. Everything was fine."

Fine? Just fine? Why is he like this again? Like ignoring me.

I thought he felt something as well. Were I so wrong? The bad boy came into him once again. Goodbye to the cutie Jake.

And why did I even care? He was unbearable. He kept on looking me with this blank sight.

I checked my cell-phone and found one missed call and a message from Kate. Yes, the polite girl I met at James' party.

"Heyy, you didn't answer my call and I was wondering if you'd like to come with me to the park near my house. I'll text you my address. And here you will get to know my friends as well. Text me back and tell me. Bye."

"Yes I'd love that. Thanks for texting me. I feel so bored in here. Let's meet at 7."

I was so happy that I found a friend to hang out with. I was feeling all alone there. I've missed my old friends. I've missed Sandra, Damien and all the others. When I was in Florida, we would all hang together outside, go for coffee or long walks. And when the weather was bad, we would gather at a house and play board or card games.

I informed my parents that I will go out at 7 and Jake's father gave me the directions to the address that Kate gave me to her house.

My parents seemed really relieved with the fact that I made a new friend here. They wanted me to adapt to California but it felt so hard.

When I finally got there, I was determined to give them the best impression.

"Hey, Matilda! Over here!" I heared Kate yelling. She was there, in a bench at the park with many other people at my age.

"Hi." I said, obviously embarassed.

"Let me introduce you to my friends. Here is Celine, Tom, Ronny and David. That's the girl I told you I met at James' yesterday guys."

"Nice to meet you all..." I couldn't say anything else.

David was so cute! Brown hair and ocean blue eyes, flawless face, at my height and long bangs that covered his forehead.

"Nice to meet you too Matilda." That Celine said.

She seems a nice girl. Her eyes show bliss and happiness.

"You are a friend of James?" David asked me.

"No, actually I met him yesterday when I went to his party with Jake."

"With Jake?" Celine and David exclaimed loudly.

"Yes, I am staying at his house for the time being. What is it?" I asked back. They seemed really shocked.

"You know Matilda, my friends don't like Jake, James and all the others like them. I am the only one here that has a nice relationship with them." She explained to me. That's why all the others weren't at James' party yesterday.

"Wanna have a coffee?" Kate continued, wanting to change the subject apparently.

"Yes!" Ronnie screamed out of happiness. He also seemed a nice guy.

"Sorry I can't make it. I must go because my parents and I are going to a restaurant tonight. I am sorry." Tom told us.

"It's okay bro, have fun." David said.

"You too guys."

So the rest of us made our way to a cafeteria and I was following behind. Celine and Kate came next to me, while Ronny and David were walking in front of us talking.

This was never the way I planned. To meet there such a cute boy, David.

We arrived at a cafeteria full of teenagers. There were only few tables available, so luckily we found a place to sit. I sat first and then Kate sat next to me.

Inside me, I was hopping that David would sit next to me but I got no luck.

All the time we were talking and they were all asking me questions about my life in Florida. I was smiling and laughing all the time. I had already forgotten Jake and I was feeling so nice there.

When Kate went to the restroom, David came and sat next to me.

Unbelievable.

He sat next to me. Oh my God. Oh my God.

He kept on asking me several questions and getting to know me better. He kept on a cute smile which revealed his beautiful, white teeth. His long, brown bangs hided most of his forehead. They even went down to his right eye.

"Heyy, that's my seat David." Kate yelled, and cut me from checking him out.

"Come on Kate, go seat in mine." He ordered her and turned again towards me.

Kate gave me a wink with a hidden meaning. Something concerning David's move. I didn't get it, though.

When it was time to leave, Celine and Ronny made their way to their house. Their places are one next to the other so they left together.

"Girls, do you want a ride?" David offered.

"No, it's ok David. We will walk. Is it okay with you Mati?"

NO.

"Yeah, of course."

"Goodbye girls, and I am glad I met you Matilda." David said as he rested his arms on his waist.

"Bye David!" I said and gave him a huge smile.

What a wonderful day!

Author's Note: What do you think of David? He is so cutieeee:)

I know you wonder who Claire is. But be patient, there is a hidden secret behind Jake's behavior.

Love you all.

Kelly.xoxo