Chapter 3 ~ The meeting

Matilda's POV

The big day came. In the evening we would be leaving Florida behind. I had already packed one large and one smaller suitcase full of my clothes, shoes, make up, my laptop and other stuff I'll need. I felt a bit nervous about that trip. But I didn't want to let my parents down so I put on my smile. I decided to have my best summer there.

In all the way to California I had my CD player on, listening to music. I couldn't live without music. I felt addicted to it. Several thoughts kept passing through my mind. About how the family would be like. About how the place would be and about their house.

When we arrived at Mr and Mrs Bresley's house, we quickly took our luggage out of the car. The family welcomed us with so much love. They were so friendly to us. We hugged each other and we entered their big house. I knew that they were wealthy, but I couldn't bring such a gorgeous picture to my mind, before I saw it. The garden was full of flowers and trees and the path which leaded to the entrance door was made of stone.

Firstly, we sat in the living room. It was decorated in a modern way. White couch, black carpets and creme curtains. My parents were talking about the last years and their jobs and Mr and Mrs Bresley kept asking me questions about school and friends. Everyone had a warm smile on their faces. But I kept the fake one on. I was feeling very nervous and embarassed. My eyes were examining the place.

After some minutes I kinda got bored. Okay with the talking, but I was so tired. I needed some sleep. My eyes began to close.

Suddently I heard a noise, probably from the door. I could hear the steps coming towards where we were.

Is there anyone else living here too? Who?

"This must be Jake." Mrs Bresley informed us, as if she had read my mind

Who's Jake? 

Then a boy came in and. . .

OMFG! Can a boy be more handsome than him? Am I dreaming?

Please wake up Matilda. You are dreaming!

Out of the blue, a tall, slim boy around my age came in. I was left speechless. He seemed the perfect guy. Dark blond hair and extraordinary shiny eyes, which glimered. He stood right there, with his perfectly sculptured body, like a greek God.

"This is our son, Jake." Mrs Bresley introduced him to us. "He is 17 like you, Matilda." She added with a smile.

"Nice to meet you Matilda." That boy turned and said to me. 

Whoa! He can talk!

"Nice to meet you too." I replied with a smile and we shook hands. But he remained serious. "Excuse me, but I am tired." He added and began to walk away.

"Honey, can you show Matilda her room?" Mrs Bresley asked her son.

He nodded without an expression on his face. Totally apathetic. I took my bags and followed him. His body was really built-up, probably from exercising. I could examine it, as we were going up the stairs. Some of his muscles were visible through his shirt.

He opened a door and the room was awesome. White curtains, black carpet, a large bed in the middle, a desk and a black wardrobe. It was decorated mainly in a girlie way.

All this for me? It seems like somebody was living here before.

I left my bags down and looked around astonished.

"And by the way, why you and your parents are staying here?" He asked me in an irritating manner.

"My parents wanted to spend the summer somewhere different this year and since your parents invited us they accepted the invitation. Besides, my parents are thinking of staying here for the winter as well but I feel dizzy in the idea of that."

"Okay, okay, you don't need to talk that much, I got it. Bye." He said and left the room before I could even say bye back.

I didn't know why he was acting like that. Was this because of me? Because of my parents? Or was it his usual behavior? His parents seemed so friendly, whereas he seemed annoying and arrogant.

Maybe he didn't want us in his house. He didn't even know us. It was logical. But I got scared.

After some minutes in my 'new room' somebody knocked the door.

"Matilda honey, may I come in?"

"Yes.." I said out loud.

"Honey, have you taken your things out? Is everything okay? Do you need anything?" She asked me.

"No mom, I am fine" I answered in a dull tone.

"Mati, I know you don't feel so comfortable in here, I don't either, but it is a great opportunity for us to spend sometime in California. We might stay here forever, please be patient and we will see.." She said, rubbing with her hand my back.

"Ok mom, don't worry" I said calmly. I didn't want to tell her how awful I feel in someone else's house. I feel like a pain in the neck. Escpecially to that...Jake.

Thank God the house was so big that I didn't need to meet him everytime I walk out of the room. And thankfully, I had my own little bathroom. It was all white and yellow. There were yellow towels and lots of small perfume bottles.

Since, I was dead-tired so I took off my clothes and wore a sleeping set of pijamas, a grey top and black shorts. The weather was really, really hot. I didn't bother unpacking my things yet.

I then brushed my teeth and turned on my computer. I firstly signed in my Facebook account to check my messages and notifications. Nothing special expect for a message from Sandra asking when I am leaving. I answered her back that I had already arrived there but she wasn't online to see it. I then logged in Twitter to see that the number of followers had reached the 2,598! Wow! I was totally a Twitter-girl. I liked stalking all the famous.

I quickly turned the computer off and made my way to the bed. The thoughts didn't let me sleep before it was 01:45.

But in the end I made it.

Author's Note: Vote

Read

Comment

Love u all guys