Chapter 19 ~ The Breakfast

Matilda's POV

The morning after David's confession, I got a text-message from Kate, which woke me up.

"Matilda Matida! Help! Help! Remember James?"

"Yeah, I met you in his party." I sent back, stating the obvious.

"Yeap, he texted me yesterday, at night asking me if I'd like to go out with him. I haven't answered him yet."

"Hey, that's cool. What's the problem? Don't you like him?"

"I like him very much. This is the problem. He's been my crush for almost 2 years now. And this is the first time that he text-messaged me, asking me out."

"You're so fucking lucky. Say yes. Say yes!"

"Oh my, I'm gonna pass out. You know, all this time, he would totally ignore me. He would only talk to me when he wanted a favour. He is the bad boy of the school. Jake and him. Is it logical to ask me out?"

"Yes, why not? Maybe he finally understood that you are the girl he always needed. Calm down and give him a fuckin' yes"

"Alright, alright. Thanks Mati! P.S. David told me what happened yesterday between the two of you. Are you together?"

"I don't know Kate."

And the truth was that I really didn't know. The only thing I knew for sure was that David was in pain and he needed someone to take care of him.

***

"Hey Matilda, good morning." Mrs Bresley said as I walked down the stairs for breakfast.

"Good morning to everyone." I said with a smile and proceeded to sit down.

"Matilda, before you sit down, please do me a favour. Go to Jake's and wake him up. You'll be late for school."

So I went up the stairs and headed to his roomdoor. I knocked a few times but I had no answer. So, I took a deep breath and opened the door.

I walked hesitantly towards him. He was sleeping heavily on his bed, cuddled like a kitten, and his bare chest was going up and down due to his quick breathing. He was only wearing dark-blue shorts. I felt a bit strange in the view of his abs, his muscles and his jawline.

I really need to do it quickly, or else I might...

"Hey, Jake wake up." I tried at first, keeping some distance. I didn't want to scary him.

"Hey, Jake. Jake." I tried once again. No hope. I must take drastic measures.

I approached him and stretched my arms to touch his nude skin. I started to shake him slightly. "Jake, Jake."

"Hey, hey, take it easy there girl." he said with his eyes closed, as if this was the most usual thing for him, to be waken up by me.
"Why are you here? Wanted to see me naked? You can't even hold your urges?" he added while opening his eyes and forming a smile on the corner of his lips.

"I just came here, because your mother asked me to."

"If you wanted to see me naked, you didn't have to come here pretending to be told so, by my mother. I could have shown it to you, if you'd asked me before." he said with a wink and this made my heart bump for a second.  I grinned at what he said and made my way to leave.

"Hurry up, I don't want to be late for school." I commented as I was going out of his roomdoor.

"Good morning to you too." he shouted ironically.

***

We entered his car and headed to the school. I was already late for the first period and this made me worry a lot. I didn't want to make a bad impression to the Chemistry's teacher. I was new at school, so every move I made would be recognisable by everyone.

We reached to the school, but there was nobody in the school yard, nor in the central hall. Apparently, they had all gotten in their classrooms.

"I'm sorry you got late. But I can make it up to you." He said with his hands on his pockets.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"You won't be allowed to enter the class now. So we may go for breakfast together, since we both didn't have the time to eat at home."

"No, it's OK. I'll stay here and wait for the next period."

"The next period begins in an hour. Will you wait for so long, here alone?" he paused for a second and then continued. "Come on, I don't bite."

God, help me to say no.

"Alright, I'm coming."

Why God, why?

***

He drove me to a place I hadn't been before. It wasn't that far from the school. We went in a cafeteria that seemed really cosy and the staff was friendly. The place was full of middle-aged businessmen, and only few students. Some of them were enjoying a full breakfast and the others had only a coffee or something simple, such as a sandwitch.

We sat on a table, next to a big window, from which we could see the people running so as not to be late for work, holding the daily newspaper and their coffee, and catching a few glimpses on their watch.

A sweet woman came to our table to take our order. Jake went for an omelete of eggs and a glass of orange juice. I opted for a cup of warm, french coffee and two fresh-baked croissants, with hot chocolate running on top of them.

I felt so guilty, taking in all these full-sugar beverages, with tones of calories, whereas he only ate a plain omelete and drank juice.

"Where do you put all these? You are a minion." He stated.

I wish he hadn't commented on my breakfast options. I felt slightly embarassed, altough I am really skinny, and I shouldn't care.

"I don't know. I have a great metabolism I guess. And what about you? Your training requires such a strict diet programme?"

"Not really, but I need to keep some boundaries. Although, when I am at home, I can't resist my mother's cooking. You must have seen how much I eat at home."

"Yeah, kinda."

When we finished eating, he paid for it and it was time for us to go to school. I didn't want to miss another period.

"Here we are. On time."

"Yes.Thanks for the breakfast, it really helped a lot. When I am hungry, I am unable of paying attention to anywhere else."

"You're welcome. See you here at the end of the school day." he said and I headed to my classroom.

Author's Note: Jake cutie pie. In this chapter, he is such a good, good boy.

Kate gets soooo happy with James' message. What is up between the two of them?

Keep your heads up, little ponnies(:

kelly xoxo. :D