Chapter 4 ~ Get used to

Matilda's POV

I woke up early that day. But I was not in the mood of doing anything. As every morning before I leave my warm bed, I put on my earphones and listen to music. It mad me feel optimistic about the whole day. That was what I did in that morning too. 

Somebody knocked on my door but I wasn't able to hear it at first. My mom came in my room and told me if I wanted to go to the kitchen for breakfast.

We weren't used to eating breakfast because we would always leave for school or work quickly and we didn't have the time. But the Bresley family seemed to have it as a special part of their day. Something like a gathering where they would say good-morning and start the day together.

So I stood up, went to the bathroom and then dressed in blue shorts and a green T-shirt. The weather was terribly hot so it was impossible for me to wear anything else. I put my converse on and headed to the kitchen.

Everyone was there except for me. I said 'good-morning' and quietly sat down. The table had more than what I had expected. Croissants, waffles, butter, marmelade, Nutella, cakes and buscuits. Coffee, milk and orange juice too. Many things to choose from. I fed myself with coffee and two pieces of cake. More than enough for me. I felt like my stomach was going to explode since I wasn't used to breakfast. But I had to, from then on.

Jake turned only once to look at me. He was so handsome but such a jerk. Maybe if he was acting politely I would like him. Since the previous day, when we met, he had been acting like we had personal affairs, like I had done something to him. Luckily his parents were peaceful, logical and very polite.

When he finished his breakfast, he stood up, said goodbye and left through the front door with his car keys silently. His skin was weirdly tanned that day. How was that even possible?

Where is he going? Why aren't his parents asking him?

"Jake is playing football and he has to exercise every single day for the game in a few weeks." His mother informed us, with pride.

"Wow! Good luck to him. He will succeed, I am sure" My mother answered.

So then was when I heared  he was a football player. But for all I cared. He was so arrogant that if I could, I would slap him.

I made my way to the bedroom and I almost stayed there for the rest of the day. I played with my computer, browsed through the social media and listened to music. I thought that these days would be nice but I made a mistake. It felt so boring that I wanted to cry.

I was never used to being alone. I was kinda popular among my friends back in Florida. We would always gather together and I always had the best ideas. I was never left alone. Even when I wanted to be.

At midday, I heared Jake going up the stairs and his mother yelling that the lunch was ready. I went down, we ate all together and then I went again straight to my room.

The sky was casting over and I prefered to lay in my bed and think of Damien.

What is he doing? Is he having fun? Is he ever thinking of me? Did he find a girlfriend, maybe?

How would I find out? There was no way.

Author's Note: Should I go on with it? Is anybody reading this at all? Please let me know about anything, kisses:)

stay tuned little bananas!