Chapter 20 ~ The Door Saved Me

Matilda's POV

"Matilda, where were you?" Ronny asked me, as he was coming out of the classroom, followed by Kate.

"I got late and as a result I ended up eating breakfast with Jake."

"Oh, that arrogant dumbass." Ronnie commented.

"Actually, he is not that bad. He is nice, deep inside." I said back.

"But James is better." Kate said chuckling.

"Did I miss anything here?" Ronnie asked.

" I'll tell you later. Now it's Matilda's turn." Kate said and tried to pull me towards the school's bar.

"Wait, wait. Where is David?" I asked.

"He is in the library."

"Let's go find him. I want to see him."

"Save it. Maybe he went there because he wanted to be alone. We'll catch him in class."

"Fine. Now tell me about James." I said as I took my seat in the bar.

"Have a look at the messages." She said and handed me her mobile.

-Hey girl:)

-Hey James. Whassup?:)

-I'm good and you? Did I wake you up?

-Good too. No, I was watching a movie. What do you wanted?

-I just wanted to talk to you:) Am I disturbing you?

"Oh he is such a player." I commented and Kate didn't seem happy about it. So I kept scrolling.

-No, you are not disturbing me. I didn't have the chance to tell you that your party, the previous day, was so cool. I loved your house.

-You may come again whenever you want to. I'd be so damn happy.

-Thanks:)

-Kate, I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me this Saturday.

- Sorry, I didn't answer yesterday. I fell asleep. Yes, I'd like to go out with you.

"I'm glad you finally answered to him" I said.

"That's what he answered too." Kate told me and I looked at the next message.

-I'm glad you answered. I thought you wouldn't want. I'll pick you up on Saturday, at 7;)

"So...?" She asked me with a twisted expression on her face.

"I'm so happy for you. He is cool and I think he likes you."

"Yes, but you are right. He is a player indeed. What if he is playing with my feelings?"

"You will never know, if you don't give it a try. Go out with him and then you'll see." I said and she formed a smile.

"You are right Matilda. Thank you." She said and that moment the bell rang.

"Save your happiness for Saturday. We have a lesson to attend to. Let's go."

We entered the classroom and David was already sitting on his desk, writing down something on his notebook.

"Good morning David." I said.

"Good morning Matilda. Why didn't you come earlier?"

"Jake didn't wake up on time so we got late and then we went for breakfast in a near cafe."

David's face turned even more sad. He has so many issues with Jake and James, and I don't know why.

"Hm." he exclaimed silently and averted his gaze.

The teacher came in so I just sat on my desk. During the whole lesson David kept writing down things. Is he keeping a diary maybe?

I wanted to hug him desperately and kiss his lips so badly. He seemed so innocent and quite, there, sitting and writing. I really wanted to bring up the subject about what happened yesterday, but I thought I might be a  pressure to him, so I decided to let it go for now.

The next hours passed very slowly and I had this feeling of boredom the whole time. David said he was going to pick his sister up from the primary school because his mother couldn't make it. He kissed my cheek and I made my way to Jake's car.

He was standing out of his Audi, pressing his back on the door and talking to a tall girl. He was moving his arms nervously and she had a puppy's expression on her face.

I went closer and when he saw me he turned to her and said "We need to go now. Bye and good luck." And then hugged her and kissed her on the cheeks.

The girl's eyes were totally on me. I got into the car and Jake turned the engine on.

When we arrived at home, our parents hadn't come back from work. As we were going up the stairs, I couldn't help but ask him.

"Why so gloomy?" I tried to break the awkward silence.

"You know, Sabrina, the girl to whom I was talking to, is leaving today. She finished school and she now goes back with her family to Canada."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. It's harsh to be away from your girlfriend."

"Don't be. We are not together anymore. We broke up because this was the only solution. I had told you that I didn't hold feelings for her anymore. Now, I feel kind of relieved."

"So now, Jake Bresley, the heart-breaker is officially single." I stated loudly, intending to ease the tention. We were now standing out of my bedroom's door.

"Are you interested?" He asked me with a creepy smile.

"Why should I?"

"Because you said it, by yourself. I am Jake Bresley. And you came this morning in my bedroom to see me naked."

"No, I didn't. And for your information, there wasn't anything interesting for me to see."

Sorry God for lying.

"Maybe, you should see it once again, from a closer distance. Much closer." He said and came some steps forward. His blond hair was messed up and his eyes were glimmering.

"No need to." I said and took a step back.

He then took a step forward and I tried to take a step back once again but I bumped to the door.

"Am I making you nervous?" he asked while bringing his hand on my chin.

Bitch-mode on.

"Not at all."

"I don't think so." He said and leaned closer.

He looked me straight in the eyes and I drowned in his ocean. The slamming door snapped me out.

"Jake, are you here?" Mr Bresley yelled.

He back off of me and shouted "Yeah, we are here."  I opened the door to my room and left.

The door saved me.

**

Author's Note: Hey, Kate and James are going out together, yeah she finally answered.:)

Sabrina is out of the story, for the time being. hehe, I'm glad for that.:D

What is David writing all the time?

What is Jake trying to do?

Will Matilda, resist Jake's tempting attitude, and be with David at the end?

Stay tuned, bananas;$ xoxo.