Chapter 17 ~ I don't like you

Matilda's POV

It just felt so good being near David. He would make my day with his cuteness. His glimpse made me chuckle all the time.

But his baby face hided a lot behind. He was so bipolar. I shouldn't call him 'Mysterious Boy', but 'Hot 'n' Cold Boy'  from that Katy Perry's song.

That Sunday morning, I didn't feel like going anywhere. But Kate had invited us to go to her house and watch a  movie altogether.

I don't know if David wanted to see me. I felt that something was so wrong with him. Maybe he didn't really like me.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I exclaimed, as I walked in.

"Fine, come here, Ronny is on the way. He's coming." Celine said.

David was sitting on Kate's couch staring at me through his long bangs.

I sat next to him, on purpose.

"How are you?" he asked me hesitantly.

"Still keeping..David, is there a problem with me?"

"No Matilda, of course no! Why do you say this?"

"Because yesterday.."

"Yesterday I was about to make a big mistake. We'd better stay friends."

"Hey guys, aren't you watching the movie?" Kate interrupted us.

"Yeah, of course we are. What's it?" I answered.

"Friends with benefits." Celine said with a wink.          

Friends with benefits? Are you kidding me?

From that moment, I didn't spoke to him. I could see him staring at me during the movie, but I didn't turn to face him.

I walked back to my house and when I got to my room, my mobile buzzed in my pocket.

"I am sorry:(" David texted me.

"About what?" I answered back.

"I am sorry I hurt you."

"Just tell me what's wrong."

"We'd rather stay friends. It's for your own good."

"Why do you keep saying this? Are you a  criminal or a serial killer?"

"Kind of."

"Look, I won't let you until you tell me the truth. You know that I like you, don't you? Tell me you don't like me and I'll leave you."

"I don't like you."

His message made my head ready to explode. I felt tears coming down from my eyes.

I don't like you.

"I don't believe you." I answered back without hesitation.

"That's your problem." 

It was getting worse and worse..

"Come over my house and tell it to me face to face"

I didn't want to believe him. Maybe Jake was right to say that he is a jerk.

"I am sorry, I can't. Have a good time Matilda."

I didn't answer him. I was so dissapointed. Maybe I would get him talk to me at school.

After some minutes, somebody knocked on my door.

David?

"Hey, lunch is ready. Won't you come to eat?" Jake appeared.

"No, leave me alone. I'm not hungry."

"What's up with you? Are you still mad at me, due to what I said yesterday?"

"No, this is not about you." I answered back and he came towards me and sat next to me on the bed.

"Who made these eyes cry?" He was now looking straight into my eyes, trying to get an answer.

His hands made their way to my face and caressed my cheeks, wiping the tears away. I lowered my head and opened my mouth to speak.

"Nobody, I'm fine. Go downstairs and I'll be there in a minute." I paused, pulling my face off his hands and then I continued. "Please, don't mention this to our parents."

"As you like." He said and left slowly.

Sometimes, I think that an alien is into him. He can become so sweet.

Author's Note: 

Read

Vote

Comment

On the right you can see David's photo---->   

It's the actor of the polish movie "Sala Samobójców" (Suicide Room), Jakub Gierszał.