"I don't care," he shrugged. "They don't control me." 

I just stared into the beautiful blue eyes, dazed. I then realised I was gawking and quickly hid my face as my cheeks began to glow. 

"O-oh. Okay." 

I wanted to ask why he was speaking to me in the first place, but that would sound rude. I just gave him a small smile before turning to the front. Finally, the queue began dispersing and I bought my pizza and some juice along with it. 

"See you later, Emma." Jason called as I walked away. I turned in surprise and gave a wave. As my hand was still flailing around, I froze, realising what I was doing.

Yeah, I really waved. How lame.  

I walked briskly and joined my group in silence. My group were just people who stayed under the radar. I got along with them kind of, but wasn't really good friends with any of them. I sort of just sat here to have somewhere to sit, really.

My best friend went to another school. She was one of those blonde, blue eyed girls who everyone wanted to be. She would fit in with the 'It' girls almost too easily. Well, her personality I found was a lot warmer and she wasn't a robot, but her appearance could be deceiving.

I include myself into the part where everyone wants to be like her.

She had been my best friend all my life, so I guess even when we go to different schools and she's Queen Bee and I'm just, me, she still is by my side. I just wish with all my heart, she could be here with me. I wouldn't be so miserable and alone otherwise.

She got invited to some of the parties that people at our school held. Not that I was invited, though. Being invisible allows you to hear things. I guess that's a positive, sometimes. Sometimes I found out things I didn't want to know. 

Hence, what was going to happen later today. I better fill you in.

--------------------------

"You know what? I'm going to get with Jack, at Ryan's party this weekend." A voice floated over to me in the locker rooms at school. I had just had P.E again, unfortunately, but had successfully survived it without too much damage to myself. Her voice could be heard through the half-open door of the next room, where I was located.

I froze upon the sound of it.

"But he's with Layla?" Another voice asked.

I realised who the two speaking were. Two of the six 'It' girls. Jamie and Rose. I didn't have much to do with them. They were sort of just the minions in the group. Britney was the main one I kept my eye out for. She was the scariest. Almost like Regina on Mean Girls.

"Yeah, I know. But she's been so annoying lately, bragging about them in the bedroom. I think it's time we test the competition. Show Jack what he's missing out on." Jamie snickered. I made a face at the mention of 'bragging about them in the bedroom'. I hadn't even kissed a boy, so you know, I was still immature about those sort of topics.

"Well..." Rose began, her voice lacing with uncertainty. "I don't agree that's a good idea, J." 

"I don't really care what you think," she retorted back without hesitation. I winced at that verbal slap in the face.

Great friends, I thought bitterly.  

"Fine, but don't drag me into it." Rose sighed.

I heard footsteps, I tried to scurry away but I just didn't have time. Must have been karma for eavesdropping. I turned away and dove my hands into my bag. Where was my ipod when I needed it? If I stuck headphones in, maybe I could get away with it...

"You." Jamie growled. I flinched at her bland voice. Slowly, I turned around, trying not to cower away from her. 

"Oh, h-hi Jamie." I said, trying not to stutter too much and acting as though I hadn't known they were there. I turned back to my bag, trying to not show them anything on my face, so I ducked, my hair shielding me. 

"Did you hear what I said?" she pressed. I heard their footsteps and I knew they were slowly getting closer to me. My breath hitched in my throat.

Oh boy.

"Yeah," I said, turning around again, deciding to face them and pretend to sort of be brave. "You said; you." 

She rolled her eyes at my response. "Smart alec. But just in case you did." 

She strode up to me, grabbed my pony tail and threw my head into the lockers. I cried out in surprise as pain exploded in my head. I staggered backwards, my head in my hands. I think my lip was split, because I felt a trickle of blood down my chin. 

"Jamie!" Rose gasped, raising her hand to her mouth.

She stared at the scene in front of her in horror. I don't think she thought her 'friend' had it in her to do that. I found that most of the 'It' girls were all talk and if they ever wanted anything done, they went and knocked on their Daddy's office door. But this didn't seem to be the case in this certain situation.

"Don't spill a word," she snapped, sneering in my face, pushing me one more time.

I gasped as my head connected with the locker one more time. I slapped my hand to my chest, as though that would be some sort of barrier to hold my heart from leaping out of my chest.

Jamie grabbed Rose's hand and made a run for it. Rose's wide eyes were still there as Jamie dragged her out. I couldn't help let tears slide down my cheeks. I buried my head in my hands, cringing in pain. I sat there for a while before slowly walking home, in the rain, in misery.

-----------------------