Chapter 2

1/07/16 - EDITED

The air was cold against my face as it blew softly past me. I shuffled on my feet as I prepared myself to enter the gates of my high school. Once I passed through, I'd be trapped inside for eight hours surround by humans. Humans that had delicious blood coursing through their veins, which would be easily attainable as I was five times stronger than any human. I sighed and quickly shoved the thought to the back of my mind. I knew if I did anything to another human, I'd regret it immediately. And, I knew that she would disapprove of my actions, if she knew of my true identity. But, of course, I knew I'd never be able to tell her the truth, because she would never love a monster. Why would she picked me, a killer, if she had the option of a normal human. 

I let the thoughts drift of as I walked into the school. I couldn't think so negatively. I let out a sigh and held my breathe. something I could do all day, since I was dead already and didn't really need to breathe, and gave a fake smile to my friend as he walked towards me. 

"Hey dude!"Henry patted my back. He sifted his backpack higher on his shoulder as it was falling off. This caused me to glance at his neck. I gulped as I watched his adam's apple bob with each gulp.

"Hey..Henry." I replied as we turned to walk to the quad where we usually sat at lunch.

"Silas, where the hell were you last night?" Henry looked generally pissed off, "You were suppose to bring the alcohol, and since you decided you had better things to do, we had to wait an hour before we got any. It was absolute torture."

I cringed as I recalled yesterday, "I'm sorry, Henry, I forgot."

I know it wasn't a full explanation as to why I didn't show up, but Henry wasn't really the one to pry. I didn't really forget; I actually did get the alcohol, but it went down hill on the way to the party. I was walking to the party, and this guy had bumped into my arm, causing me to drop the bottles. They broke as they hit the floor. I got angry at the man when he ignored me and continued walking instead of apologizing. There was another guy there, and he got in my face saying I was bugging the other man and was yelling. My anger got the best of me, and that was the first time after Cody that I killed a human again.

Henry snapped his finger in my face, causing me to jerk back in surprise. I glared at him,and he rolled his eyes at me, "There another party this Saturday. Can you make it?"

A bunch of people in one room? I don't think I could control myself.

"Probably not.." I need to do it for her. After I got bit, my life has changed. It's been hard with people I hang around with. I smelt their blood better than I do with other people, and that was one of the reason I hold my breathe around them, well, I just started to hold my breathe around everything now, so there were no temptations.

"You suck, man" He pouted before spotting his boy toy, Ira. He's also a good friend of mine, and Henry and Ira have been doing his friends with benefits thing for two weeks now.

"I know."

---

The bell rang signalling that class was starting in five minutes, and I started to walk to class. I was almost there when I saw Rose. She was heading towards me, and I gave her a nod when he was in front of me.

"Hey, Rose."

"Hey, Sil-" she winced, gripping her side at her hip, "shit, my hip is acting up today. For f-cks sake, they hurt so much."

" At least they don't lie"

She rolled her eyes, ignoring me, "Did you, y'know, do something yesterday that you weren't suppose to? Because, if you did, you need to hide the evidence better or at least make it look like an accident or something."

The way she said it bugged me, like this was a regular thing to talk about. She usually understands my distaste to the life I'm living now, because I never asked for this. The person who did this to me erased my memory so I couldn't even know who did this horrible thing to me. I was just grateful that Rose found me before I could kill anyone I actually cared about. I don't think I would have survive this far.

"It was a n accident. I was weak and allowed my anger to get the best of me. I'm sorry."

"Well, because of your slip up, someone is dead."

I stared at Rose in disbelief. She ignored the look and gave me a small, sad smile, before she turned and continued her way to her first period.

I went to go into my classroom when a cold stiff body ran into mine, causing me to stumble slightly.

"Seriously?" I looked up to see who rudely bumped into me, and quickly stepped back in shock. Bright gold eyes stared back at me. I knew immediately that this person wasn't human. "Um, Ms, Hallen, I'm sorry."

She looked at me closely, "You're one of them."

Her monotone voice caused shivers to run down my back and questions to fill me head, but before I could ask any, she walked away swiftly.

One of what?

---------

I hope you like it XD VOTE AND COMMENT

~ Amandy

[edited: AUGUST 26]

1/07/12 --

I edited it again.

mel xx.