Chapter 36 | take me home

E

I decided I wanted to add more to my drawing of Ophélia. I decided I was going to surprise her with it. I wanted to show her exactly what she did to my insides when ever I was around her. It's as if I go to complete mush & my world goes from grey to color. So while I kept the original pencil drawing of her, I added color to it as well as butterflies since that's what I seem to feel most of all. A buzzing went off in my pocket for the fifth time in the past thirty minutes & I was so invested in my drawing that I paid no attention to it. Eventually by the sixth ring I decided I was going to just shut my phone off completely.

My eyes caught sight of the screen with Zac & Kamron's names appearing. A strange feeling filled deep in my stomach & I called Kamrom. After a few rings, she picked up. I didn't have any time to respond since her frantic voice cut me off.

"Ethan?" Her voice was breathy & she sounded worried. "You gotta come to Zac's house, it's Ophélia." It didn't take me long to grab my keys and my jacket. I lazily covered my painting with a white sheet & ran out the door & into my car.

***

I drove up to see the garage light on. I shoved my keys in my jacket & walked in, not bothering knocking. The usual alcohol smell had hit me, only for me to see Ophélia sitting on a sofa with blood shot eyes. Kamrom came from upstairs with a wet towel in her hands. She visibly relaxed once her eyes landed on me.

"I found her sitting on the couch when I came home. The door was unlocked & I'm pretty sure she took something." I walked over to Ophélia & sat down next to her, stroking her hair out of her face. She appeared knocked out, the alcoholic smell hitting me soon after. Seeing her in such a destructive state was so foreign to me that I had no idea what to do. It led me to wonder what the hell happened to her, & if someone did this to her. My blood began to boil at the thought of anyone hurting her. Her eyes began to flutter open & she was murmuring something I couldn't understand.

I leaned my head down towards her mouth so I could hear her better, "What did you say?"

Once her voice cracked I knew, that what ever happened wasn't something to be taken lightly.

"Take me home Ethan, your home."