Chapter 20 | it's such a shame

This is going to be a very long and important chapter. Get ready bups. 😜 I'll tell you guys when to start playing the video up there.

E

Now a days, the only way a Sunday morning, or any morning, could go well is if I start it with Zac... and his pot of course, if you could count five in the afternoon the morning anymore. "Dolan, what a pleasant surprise. I must say I do enjoy your company better than your brothers, he gets crabby when he's fucked up." I scoff and sit myself down on a cheap white chair where the others were sitting. Right now it was just me, Zac, Zac's sister Kamron, and Kamron's girlfriend Mazi.

"Kamron can you pass me my bong?" Kamron made a face at Zac but still did as told. Once Zac was finished he passed the bong to me. "So Ethan, I hear you're fucking with heroine now? Better keep that shit away from my brother." Zac chuckled at Kamron's face because I mean, it was pretty comical. "I don't do heroine." I handed the bong to Mazi as she let out a laugh. "What's so funny Mazi?" She blew the smoke into Kamron's mouth and she said, "I heard you did some after Donna's wedding." I furrowed my eyebrows and said, "where did you hear that?" Mazi and Kamron exchanged looks. "I heard from Faye, said you enjoyed it." I shook my head as I got up to make lean.

Once I sat back down Zac started questioning me. "Heard you've been hanging out with Ophélia." I noticed the way Mazi & Kamron exchanged looks as they shifted uncomfortably. "Uh, yeah, sometimes." I took a sip of my lean as Zac pursed his lips. "So, you banging that Dolan?" Kamron nudged Zac's shoulder aggressively causing my eyebrow to lift. "No, nothing like that. Just friends." Zac nodded his head and looked down at the hole in his pants. Something was definitely going on here.

"How long have you guys been talking-" Zac was cut off my Mazi when she said, "Zac." She gave him a warning face & Zac rolled his eyes, that was when a look of realization crossed his face. "Shit, what day is it today?" Mazi gave Kamron a nervous look as Kamron looked at the beer bottle rapped tightly in her hands. I cleared my throat and said, "it's uh December 10th." That was when Kamron dashed up from her seat, causing the chair to fall over as she ran out of the basement with Mazi right behind her. Zac set his bottle down as he ran his hands over his face. "Shit, how the hell could I forget." Zac too got up aggressively from his seat and leaned his hands on the table in back of us. Mazi came down stairs with red watery eyes as she said, "Kamron left, she needed some space." Zac nodded his head as he got another beer bottle out of the fridge. "Mazi give me my phone I gotta call Ophélia."

Ophélia?

"Why do you need to call Ophélia?" Zac ignored my question as he sat back down in his janky chair. "Shit." Zac turned to Mazi and said, "she's not answering." Zac took one big, long, chug of his drink. I heard Mazi say a very low 'shit'.

"Why are you guys freaking out? Is Ophélia okay?" Zac scoffed as he set his bottle down. "Today marks a year since her brothers been dead, I would imagine that she is the furthest thing from fine." Wait what? I didn't know she had another brother.

"I thought she only had one brother?" I asked. Zac sighed as he said, "she does, or did." Holy shit. "Are you talking about Dakota? She told me he was away at college." Mazi started sounding like she was choking up. Fucking hell. "That's what she told you?", Zac asked. I nodded my head and Zac looked down at his beer bottle as he said, "well, he's not at college. He's dead. Been dead for a year, today." Mazi sat down in the chair next to Zac as see chugged nearly the entire bottle of jack Daniels. I noticed a tear going down her nose as she said, "that fucker, didn't even say goodbye." Zac reached out for Mazi's hand and held it tightly.