Chapter 11 | Guess that's a No

•.•.•.•

O

"Can you believe he actually punched Grayson in the face, and right in front of Faye?"

"He was probably just trying to impress Faye."

All throughout the day I had been hearing rumors about Ethan punching Grayson in the face. Some people said it was because of Faye, others said Ethan was just trying to impress Faye, either way it had to do with Faye. No ones seen Ethan all day and I was beginning to get worried.

"I heard that he kept on punching him even when Grayson wasn't even conscious."

"He's dangerous."

I quickly made my way out the back door, letting out a sigh of relief. The nerve some people had to call him dangerous. One thing I knew about Ethan, which wasn't much, but I know that he isn't dangerous.

As I approached the tree in the back I felt butterflies going all around my stomach. I didn't even know if Ethan was still going to want to hang out, I really hope he still wanted to.

Those butterflies in my stomach quickly evaporated once I turned the corner to reveal no one there. It's already been ten minutes since the dismissal bell rang. I'm not sure why he would still want to hang out, I mean he must be pretty upset if he punched his own brother in the face.

I decided I would wait just in case he showed up. Twenty minutes quickly turned into 40 minutes, which eventually turned into an hour with no sign of Ethan. I came to the conclusion that he decided to go home instead of hanging out with the loner girl that hangs out at the back of the school.

I was making my way to the subway station, which was ten minutes away, and all I could think about was Ethan. If the rumors were true, and he did actually get in a fight with his brother, than I hope to god that he was okay.

I was walking past an ally way when I let out a surprised yelp as a large slightly muscular body appeared in front of me. It was Ethan. And scratched up didn't even begin to describe it. He had a bruise forming on his jaw and three cuts on his lip with another slightly larger bruise under his left eye.

Once I had caught my breath I said, "where the hell have you been? I was looking everywhere for you, are you alright, what happened to your face-" he quickly cut me off. "Boy you sure ask a lot of questions." He said with a chuckle.

"Sorry if I scared you by the way, I didn't mean to just pop up right in front of you I just recognized the charcoal denim jacket." I forced a smile, but it was difficult because of all the marks on his face. Grayson really messed him up.

After a few moments of silence I said, "are you okay?" He clenched his jaw and said, "you've probably heard all of the rumors." I gave a slight nod. He chuckled as he shook his head. His mind seemed some where else, like he was having a conversation in his own head.

"Do you wanna go some where still? If you can't than its cool." I couldn't hell the smile that formed on my lips. He was so awkward it was pretty adorable.

"I would love to, where'd you wanna go?" Ethan shrugged his shoulders and I rolled my eyes as I nudged him to move forward. "We can walk aimlessly around the city and talk about pointless things." Ethan scrunched up his face and I let out a laugh. Eventually we both wound up laughing, at nothing really. "I wanna take you to a place, it's a special place and i want to know if you'd be willing to respect it." I agreed and he lead us to his car. Nothing fancy, but definitely better than anything is ever owned.

"I just have to stop by my house really quick, grab a few things." I nodded and he quickly pulled off of the curb.

"You still don't want to tell me what happened with you and Grayson?" There was a moment of silence, like he was deciding whether he trusted me or not.

"Not yet." Guess that's a no.

•.•.•.•

"At the end of the day, it all comes down to perspective

"At the end of the day, it all comes down to perspective."