Chapter 26 | run, baby, run

E

The last person I'd expect to see at this drive in would be Grayson. Me, Cameron, gray, & my mom used to always come here instead of the traditional movies. But just like everything else we used to do, we stopped once Cameron died. My mom distanced herself & my father became more of a workaholic. Grayson said he would never come back here. Yet here he was, leaning against my truck. The bruise on his eye was still there but it was fading. The cut on his lip had scabbed over but you could still tell it was there. I still haven't asked him what happened, but I'm not quite sure I wanted to know.

"Didn't expect to see you here." He smirked.

"Diddo." That was when it dawned on me that the only way he'd be here is if someone convinced him. Faye had to be here, and if she wasn't with him than she was with Ophélia.

"Who are you here with?" I asked even though I'm pretty sure I already knew the answer.

"Faye." I quirked my eyebrow upwards.

"Getting food." The smirk on Grayson's face only confirmed my belief that something good definitely wasn't going to come out of this. I made my way over to the food stand with Grayson shortly behind me. I could hear a commotion coming from inside. It sounded like people were yelling & things were being thrown around.

That was when I walked in to see Ophélia on top of Faye. I couldn't see Ophélia's face but I knew she was bloodshot angry. There was blood splattered all around them, & it definitely wasn't Ophélia's. I rushed over & tried to get her off of Faye but she had a goal & was determined to reach it. I was scared to know what that goal was even though I had a pretty good guess. I was able to get her off & shove her aside & before she was able to jump back on Faye, Grayson grabbed her, something I wasn't too sure about. It wasn't until I was able to get a good look at Faye that I was able to see the damage. Faye was hardly recognizable & her unconscious body only made me more nervous. When I looked up to Ophélia she was still thrashing in Grayson's grasp. Her eyes had something I had never seen before. She looked like she was out for blood.

"What the hell Ophélia?" That was when she seemed to understand what she had done. Grayson loosened his grip on her & she ran. I couldn't follow her for obvious reasons but I needed to know what happened. One of the people in line had already called 911. I needed to get out of here & find Ophélia, I need to know what happened. But based on Faye's tendencies to be manipulative, I had a feeling it wasn't all Ophélia's fault.

I turned Faye over to Grayson & ran to my truck, hoping I wasn't too late to find Ophélia. Ophélia was a runner, if she wanted to get away from you than she'd make sure she did her damn best.

And that's what worried me the most.