Chapter 7 | Rager

•.•.•.•

O

You never really get used to coming home to an empty house. Normal teenagers usually come home from school and get greeted by their parents or siblings, all while they wish their parents would leave them alone. I would give anything, just to come home to someone who would be happy to see me.

But we don't always get what we want.

As usual, my mom left. She probably went with her lame ass boyfriend to god knows where. It's not that I didn't care about her, it's just that you get used to people's patterns and habits. I can't really blame her though, she's gotten so much taken away from her, even when she was a kid.

My mom was born in inglewood, along with her two brothers. She ever told me the whole story, but basically they were both shot at 16 and 18 years old after being in a gang war. "It was a literal war", as she liked to describe it. Eventually my mom got pregnant with my half sister Jessica, and got kicked out at 19 years old. My mom often liked telling me her stories when she was drunk about how she thought she was "in love" with Jessica and Dakota's father. After my mom got kicked out, their father said he wanted to run away together, to Brooklyn New York. With my mom being young and in love, and of course pregnant, she left with him to Brooklyn where all three of them lived happily together for five years.

All of that seemed to come crashing down once my mom realized she was pregnant with Dakota. She described it as, "something in his face darkened, like a switch went off". Apparently he accused her of cheating, saying it couldn't be his kid and even after the DNA results, he still didn't believe her.

So he left her. He left her to be a single mom with two kids with no where to live. Eventually my mom, Jessica, and Dakota landed in a homeless shelter. One of the workers there helped my mom get a job in the kitchen there. After a while, she was able to gather enough money to buy a one bedroom apartment, with help from the governments money.

Two years later my mom met a rich married white man while she was walking home, and nine months later, out I came. One and a half years later, out came my sister Margot, we both had the same dad. I'm not sure how stupid he was, but if he was stupid enough to cheat on his wife, than he must have been pretty stupid to go back to the same woman a little more than a year later. My mom never told him, guess she didn't want to burden him, but I personally think it was because she was scared that the same thing that happened to Jessica and Dakota's dad was gonna happen again.

My mom never told any of us what our fathers names were.

The only one who knew was Jessica, and it was only because she lived with her dad for five years. Sometimes I would hear her crying at night saying, "I fucking hate you for leaving, you left behind a great daughter and an amazing woman". I tried my best to not let it get to me, but it somehow always did. I hated both of them. Both of those selfish ass men.

And if you were wondering how a white girl ended up with a Hispanic last name, my mom is Mexican and my dad is white, hence me and Margot's fair skin and blonde hair. I got more from my mom then Margot did because she had blue eyes while I had my moms hazel eyes. Jessica told me that her and Dakota's dad was Italian, hence their darker skin and brown hair.

This was why I always wrote in my black book. These thoughts would start up in my mind, and pretty soon it would be like New York traffic in my head. It seemed to happen mostly while I was on the subway. Specifically on Saturdays.