Chapter 24 | love love love

E

I couldn't stop thinking about the way Ophélia's hand felt in mine. I still didn't know as much about her as I would like & I was determined to know more about what she kept hidden underneath. Which is why I took great interest when Faye came into my room & started telling me to be careful.

Around 3 in the morning Faye came into my room while Grayson was sleeping. My immediate reaction was to kick her out, but part of me wasn't angry about her presence. Sure she's fucked me over multiple times but I've caused more hell for her then anyone else. She was always the one who was there when I was in the hospital when my parents didn't want any part of it. I can't even imagine how exhausting it must've been for her, how worried & scared she must've been. She kept it all a secret, that's the only reason my parents allowed her to be at the hospital with me. She loved me despite all the rumors people were making about me, thanks to my parents.

Once I had asked them why getting arrested was better then attempting to end your life, & before my mom could answer, my dad said that you're weak if you attempt suicide. For a while I believed him, that my depression, ADD, social anxiety, & just anxiety in general was something to be ashamed of & something no one should know about. I constantly would wish I was normal, that I wasn't some freak amongst my family. Cameron used to make my dad back off when ever my dad was beating up on me or Grayson. Grayson & Cameron used to be my rock, but my dad eventually broke through Grayson's shell & became what my dad wanted him to be. Cameron didn't live long enough for my dad to break her, but I'm sure she wouldn't have been any less then who she really was.

Faye hardly said anything else when she was in my room, she just kept saying I didn't really know her or her family. After that she walked up to me & planted a soft kiss on my cheek that lingered until she left.

I was trying to make a painting for Ophélia, as an early Christmas present but so far the canvas in front of me has been blank for the past two hours. Almost on instinct I was about to go to Zac's house, but that was certainly a huge no.

Instead I covered the canvas with a blanket & dialed Ophélia's number as I walked out of the house. On my way down, Grayson was in the kitchen. It took me half a second to see that someone jumped him, bad. The entire right side of his face was swollen with scratches all over. He had cuts all over his hands & around his mouth. Before I could ask what happened he turned away from me, so I ignored it.

"Hello?" The sound of Ophélia's sweet voice came through the phone once I had shut the door.

"Hey, it's me." I could just imagine that smile of hers right now.

"Hey! What's up?"

"I was gonna go get something to eat & go to one of those movie drive ins, would you like to join me?"

"What is this! Is Ethan Dolan asking me out on a date? I am shocked, truly." I playfully rolled my eyes at her sarcasm.

"I'll be there soon."