Chapter 16 | it's not a date

E

"Fuck." That was what I was thinking when I ate shit stumbling out of Zac's place. I knew I had to go to school because if I didn't than I could miss a possible opportunity of Ophélia being there.

God I missed her.

Once the school came into view I was suddenly really regretting my decision. I wanted to see Ophélia, of course, but I didn't feel like being around all of those airheads. Instead of going to class I decided to hop the fence at the back of the school and hang out at Ophélia's spot. I contemplated going to class but then I thought to myself, I'm too high for that shit. I sat down on the faded green couch and let my head fall back looking up at the sky. My eyes felt heavy and soon they were shut with my last thought being, "what if Ophélia comes and I miss her?" But my eyes were already shutting before I could object.

\\\

When I woke up it was still cloudy and I was still in the same spot. The only difference was I could feel someone touching my hair, which felt amazing. I looked to my right to see Ophélia with a calm look on her face. I smiled at the sight of her next to me, with her hands on my messy hair. "You were asleep for a while." Something about her changed. When she spoke she didn't have her usual sarcastic tone, it was just dry. She looked exhausted. The bags under her eyes were much more defined and the worry lines on her forehead stuck out like a sore thumb. "How long was I asleep?" She shrugged and said, "about two and a half hours." I sighed and laid my head back with my eyes closed.

"You reek." With my eyes still closed, I said, "sorry." She rested her head on my shoulder and rapped her arm around mine. "I thought you said I reek?" I said with a sarcastic tone. She giggled and said, "yeah but I'm really tired." The sound of the third period bell ringing woke us up. We both sat up with her arm still wrapped around mine when she said, "I have this wedding my mom wants to go to and uh... I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?" I smiled at my feet at her shyness. "I would love to be your date." She began giggling and said, "it's not a date."

Sure it wasn't.

•.•.•.•

I know this sucks I just needed to add a little filler/short chapter :/ please don't hate me!! Btw the wedding Ophélia's talking about is her neighbor Donna's wedding... I just forgot to add it in the last chapter which I will be doing right now.