Chapter 33 | for the hearts that worry instead of beat

*I'll tell you guys when you can start playing the video up above*

O

I got a call at 3 o'clock in the morning from a New Orleans number. I picked up expecting for a complete stranger to have just dialed the wrong number, but I was met by mothers voice. She said she would be home soon, and she was bringing me a surprise that would change my life. The last time I was told I was getting a surprise from my mom, it was because she brought home a new "dad", the man she was sure she was going to marry. That obviously didn't happen.

After I hung up with my mom, I decided that I needed to see Mikey. It had been so long since we had last hung out just the two of us that he was becoming a stranger. He answered on the first ring, quite like himself.

"What's up Ophélia?"

"Oh you know the usual, mom calling me, telling me she's coming home with a surprise for me."

"Shit, really? I almost forgot about her." We both erupted into a short fit of laughter before regaining ourselves.

"Yeah me too, anyways, you wanna hang out? I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." I heard him sigh on the other end, along with some shuffling around like he got up from where ever he was sitting.

"I would love to Ophélia, but I have a family emergency right now."

"Is everything okay?" His slight hesitance already gave me my answer, but he was quick to cover it up.

"Yeah, my moms just been having a few bad migraines lately so she asked me to take her to the hospital."

"Alright, well I hope your moms fine. I miss you Mikey." He responded with a chuckle.

"Geez El you sound like we haven't seen each other in years."

"Well it feels like it's been that long, and why the sudden nickname?"

"I felt the need to give you one since your name is a mouthful & me being the white boy that I am, I sound like an idiot trying to say that stupid accent."

"White boy? I thought you said you were half Italian?" I said sarcastically.

"Shut up El," there was a short pause before he spoke again, "I'm not going anywhere anytime soon El, can't get rid of me that easily." I smiled to myself at his words.

"I couldn't get rid of you even if I tried, Mikey."

"You bet your ass you couldn't, especially now that I have to play papa bear with Ethan around." I stiffened slightly & Grayson's words ran through my mind for the 500th time today.

You wouldn't last five seconds in our world. We'd chew you up and spit you right back out.

I cleared my throat because of the sudden strain I felt.

"We're just friends, no need for papa bear to come out." There was a silence until we both wound up laughing uncontrollably.

"T-that sounded unbelievably kinky Mikey!"

"Hey y-you thought of it first!" We went back to laughing until we sobered up.

"Well El, I trust that you will use protection because I have to go now, don't forget to be safe!"